In her 37 years of practice, Linda Sorg Ostovitz has served as a leader, educator and advocate. She is a family law attorney and Practice Group Director. Mrs. Ostovitz holds a prestigious fellowship in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and serves as the Vice President of the Maryland Chapter. She also serves on the Boards of the Howard County Chamber of Commerce, the Business Women's Network of Howard County, and the Columbia Patuxent Rotary Club.
Mrs. Ostovitz represents clients in Howard, Anne Arundel, Carroll, Montgomery, and Baltimore Counties. Her practice focuses exclusively on divorce litigation and mediation, child custody and access, child support, alimony, business valuation, as well as property and asset distribution. In addition to providing legal representation in court, Mrs. Ostovitz provides mediation services to help families come to a resolution without the need for litigation.
Mrs. Ostovitz has written and contributed to publications on family law matters and authors HoCo in the Know. She is a strong advocate for her clients and inspires the highest level of confidence, allowing the best and most informed decisions to be made.
She enjoys speaking to groups and guest lecturing for organizations. She also hosts a free breakfast bar series to educate her guests about the varied legal options offered by Offit Kurman. Mrs. Ostovitz values mentorship and lends her experience to students by serving as a judge in the Maryland State Bar Association high school mock trial competitions, as well as mentoring younger attorneys.
Her commitment to the community extends to her generous contributions and active participation in Gilchrist Hospice, Columbia Patuxent Rotary, and Leadership Howard County.
- Principal and Practice Group Director, Offit Kurman
- Principal and Chair of the Family Law Practice Group (South), Offit Kurman, 2018-2019
- Member, Silverstein and Ostovitz, LLC, 1999-2015
- Private Practice, 1988-1999
- Senior Assistant State's Attorney, Howard County, 1987-1988
- Assistant State's Attorney, Howard County, 1981-1986
- Victim Witness Coordinator, Howard County State's Attorneys Office, 1979-1981
- Civil Mediation
- Divorce Mediation: Parenting and Child Issues
- Divorce Mediation: Property and Financial Issues
- Collaborative Law Certification
- Family Law Arbitration Certification, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyer
- Graduate of the Rotary Leadership Institute
- Chesapeake Basic Economic Development Course
- 2014 Woman of Distinction, Business Women's Network of Howard County
- Maryland's Top 100 Women 2015
- Smart CEO finalist 2015
- MICPEL Lecturer
- Maryland State Police and Howard County Police Department Academy Lecturer
- National Family Resiliency Center - Parenting Classes
- Seminars on Divorce Options in Maryland
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers 2014 Symposium
- Financial Professionals Association
- Breakfast Bar Series
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow, 2011 to present
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Vice President, Maryland Chapter
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- Howard County Bar Association, 1981 to present
- Business Women's Network of Howard County
- BWN President, 2014-2016
- Howard County Bench/Bar Committee
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce Holiday Event Committee
- Rotary Club of Columbia/Patuxent, President-Elect
- Gilchrist Hospice, Taste Committee member
- Leadership Howard County Graduate, 2015
- MSBA Mentoring
- Maryland Economic Development Association
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Professionalism Commission of the Court of Appeals
- Judicial Nominating Commission, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association ADR Section Council
- Maryland State Bar Association Criminal Law Section Council, 1992
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, 1988-1999
- Maryland State's Attorney's Association, 1981-1990
- Howard County Collaborative Professionals
- Leadership Howard County Co-Chair, Business Day
- Leadership Howard County, Steering Committee
Dan Medinger is the publisher and owner of The Business Monthly. For more than 25 years, "Biz Monthly" has been headquartered in Howard County and Anne Arundel County, Maryland. With articles written by and for members of the local business community, the newspaper has become a go-to source for news business, finance, government, real estate, technology, and economic development...
"Business Women’s Network of Howard County Hosts Its Annual Basket Raffle to Benefit Its Scholarship Fund"
Wednesday was the day. 28 beautiful baskets donated by the generous members of the Business Women’s Network of Howard County.…
As the end of the year approaches, what you should be thinking about in your family law life? Holidays are…View All