Voytek’s practice focuses on commercial and corporate dispute resolution with an emphasis on achieving rational business solutions or cost-effective judicial resolutions of such disputes. In addition to appearing in federal and state courts and before arbitration panels and administrative panels domestically, Voytek has experience in international aspects of litigation. He has represented entities and individuals in cases involving trade and contract disputes, property loss claims, bankruptcy proceedings, construction issues, commodities and derivatives matters, white-collar crime, personal injury, and claims raising questions under federal labor law. Voytek also advises clients on international facets of litigation and dispute resolution, as well as criminal and civil facets of various international income reporting obligations.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Voytek was a Partner in the New York law firm of Menaker & Herrmann LLP, where he gained extensive experience with disputes involving real estate, construction contracts, design and construction defects, representing various real estate industry stakeholders in mediations, arbitrations, trials and appeals. In his practice, he applies his litigation experience in advising clients and provides value added services in structuring business, financial and legal terms for his clients.
Voytek began his career as prosecutor and later became a Senior Assistant District Attorney with the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office where he was part of the Money Laundering and Revenue Crimes Bureau and the Rackets Division. There he concentrated on the investigation and prosecution of business and securities fraud, money laundering, and corporate and individual income and sales tax evasion. He also supervised investigations relating to identification and civil forfeiture of criminally obtained assets.
REPRESENTATIVE SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- “Construction Contracts 201: Contracting for the Complex Construction Project – A Roadmap to the Key Clauses You Need to Know,” New York City Bar Association, panelist, March 22, 2018
- “Demystifying 2017 Changes to American Institute of Architects B101 Architect-Owner Agreement, December 8, 2017
- “Pursuing Financial Stability While Managing Risks: A Roadmap for Design Professionals, AIA, November 7, 2017
- “Construction Contracts 101: Demystifying Design & Construction Contracts for the Successful Project,” New York City Bar Association, panelist, July 18, 2017
- “A Roadmap to Construction Contracting and Related Legal and Ethical Considerations for Design Professionals” institute for design professionals, chair, April & May 2017
- “Construction Contract Workshop; Comparing Standardized Construction Documents” Halfmoon Education Inc., lead presenter, March 23, 2017
- “Litigating Construction Project Disputes—201,” New York City Bar panel, October 17, 2016
- “Litigating Construction Project Disputes—101,” New York City Bar panel, March 21, 2015
- “Risk Management Issues in Construction Projects & Contracts,” New York City Bar panelist, March 2014
- “Expanding Strict Liability to Design Professionals for Excavation Damage” New York Law Journal, October 12, 2016
- “Recognition of Foreign Judgments in the United States,” New York Example, Trade and Investment Section, Polish Consulate General in New York, June 24, 2013