Wojciech ‘Voytek’ Jackowski's practice focuses on commercial and corporate dispute resolution with an emphasis on achieving rational business solutions or cost-effective judicial resolutions of such disputes. In addition to appearing in federal and state courts and before arbitration panels and administrative panels domestically, Mr. Jackowski has experience in international aspects of litigation. He has represented entities and individuals in cases involving trade and contract disputes, property loss claims, bankruptcy proceedings, construction issues, commodities and derivatives matters, white-collar crime, personal injury, and claims raising questions under federal labor law. Mr. Jackowski also advises clients on international facets of litigation and dispute resolution, as well as criminal and civil facets of various international income reporting obligations.
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Mr. Jackowski was a Partner in the New York law firm of Menaker & Herrmann LLP, where he gained extensive experience with disputes involving real estate, construction contracts, design and construction defects, representing various real estate industry stakeholders in mediations, arbitrations, trials, and appeals. In his practice, he applies his litigation experience in advising clients and provides value-added services in structuring business, financial and legal terms for his clients.
Mr. Jackowski began his career as a prosecutor and later became a Senior Assistant District Attorney with the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office where he was part of the Money Laundering and Revenue Crimes Bureau and the Rackets Division. There he concentrated on the investigation and prosecution of business and securities fraud, money laundering, and corporate and individual income and sales tax evasion. He also supervised investigations relating to identification and civil forfeiture of criminally obtained assets.
REPRESENTATIVE SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- "Construction Contracts 101: Demystifying Design & Construction Contracts for the Successful Project ", New York City Bar Association, January 25, 2022 (Co-presenter)
- "Roadmap to Ethical Issues in Construction: A Primer for Design Professionals", HalfMoon Education Inc., February 2, 2021
- "A Roadmap to Contracting and the Key Construction Clauses You Need to Know Now", Maryland Construction Network's Legal Resource Group, December 17, 2020
- "Impact of the Pandemic on the Construction Industry," Half Moon Education Inc., April 28, 2020
- “Practice of Architecture: How to Create a Culture of Success and Succession,” 2019 AIA Tri-State Conference: Breaking Ground!, October 17, 2019 (Panelist)
- “Allocation of Roles, Rules, and Risk on a Construction Project,” AIA Pennsylvania, ABC Keystone Chapter, September 26, 2019 (Lead Presenter)
- “Liability, Risk Management & Loss Control,” AIA New York, Professional Practices Committee, February 4, 2019 (Co-Presenter)
- "Comparing Standardized Construction Documents: Which Form to Use and When to Use Them," Halfmoon Education, Inc., January 17, 2019 (Lead Presenter)
- "Construction Contracts 201: Contracting for the Complex Construction Project – A Roadmap to the Key Clauses You Need to Know,” New York City Bar Association, March 22, 2018, and March 16, 2019 (Panelist)
- “Demystifying 2017 Changes to American Institute of Architects B101 Architect-Owner Agreement,” December 8, 2017 (Co-Presenter)
- “Pursuing Financial Stability While Managing Risks: A Roadmap for Design Professionals,” AIA New York, November 7, 2017 (Panelist)
- “Construction Contracts 101: Demystifying Design & Construction Contracts for the Successful Project,” New York City Bar Association, July 18, 2017; July 23, 2019 (Panelist)
- “A Roadmap to Construction Contracting and Related Legal and Ethical Considerations for Design Professionals, Institute for Design Professionals, April and May 2017 (Chair)
- “Construction Contract Workshop; Comparing Standardized Construction Documents” Halfmoon Education, Inc., March 23, 2017, and January 17, 2019 (Lead Presenter)
- “Litigating Construction Project Disputes—201,” New York City Bar Association, October 2016 (Panelist)
- “Litigating Construction Project Disputes—101,” New York City Bar Association, March 2015 (Panelist)
- “Risk Management Issues in Construction Projects & Contracts,” New York City Bar Association, March 2014 (Panelist)
- "Justice Going Virtual - An Opportunity for Innovation from the New York Perspective," A/R ProNet, April 2021
- “Expanding Strict Liability to Design Professionals for Excavation Damage,” New York Law Journal, October 2016
- “Recognition of Foreign Judgments in the United States,” New York Example, Trade, and Investment Section, Polish Consulate General in New York, June 2013