Working as a family law attorney for over twenty-five years, Sara M. Donohue has practiced in the field of domestic law in both Maryland and the District of Columbia. Her practice includes working on complex divorce and custody matters. In addition to handling matrimonial matters in the traditional negotiation and litigation modes, she has been trained in Collaborative Law and is a member of Collaborative Divorce Association, Inc. Ms. Donohue also has an interest in the practice of adoption law.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
Ms. Donohue has received numerous honors, awards, and recognition by publications and surveys, including:
- Named to Martindale-Hubbell's AV Preeminent® Top Rated Lawyers, 2019
- Named to the "Top Lawyer" list, Washingtonian Magazine, Divorce & Family Law, 2018
- Named to the "Best Lawyers in America" publication in the Family Law category in 2010-present
- Named to the "Maryland Top 100 Lawyers" by Super Lawyers in 2013, 2015-2018
- Named to the "Maryland Super Lawyers" listing in 2012 - 2019
Named to the "Top 50 Women Maryland Super Lawyers" listing in 2012 - 2019
- Named to the "Washington DC Super Lawyers" listing in 2012 and 2013
- Named to the "Washington DC & Baltimore’s Top Rated Lawyers" ALM listing in 2013
- Named to Baltimore Magazine’s “Top 50 Women Attorneys in Maryland” listing in January 2012
- Named to Washingtonian's "Best Divorce Lawyers" listing in 2000, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2017
- Named to Bethesda Magazine's "Top Divorce Lawyers" listing in 2010 and honorable mention in 2013
She has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Montgomery County Bar Association and has acted on the Judicial Selection Panel Committee, the Nominations & Elections Committee of the Montgomery County Bar Association. She is also a Master of the Bench in the Montgomery County Chapter of the American Inns of Court. Ms. Donohue has served as the co-chair of the Family Law Section of the Montgomery County Bar Association, president of the Women’s Bar Association of the Maryland-Montgomery County Chapter, chairperson of the Circuit Bench/Bar Committee, member of the board of directors and former treasurer for the Collaborative Divorce Association Inc.
Ms. Donohue has spoken on a number of occasions on various topics related to her profession as a family law attorney for programs with the Montgomery County Bar Association.