Sandra (Sandy) Brooks’ practice focuses on all aspects of family law. She dedicates her time to assisting clients in domestic law matters including divorce, child custody/visitation, family mediation, spousal/child support, property division, and division of retirement benefits. Sandy's other areas of deep knowledge and experience include tax consequences of divorce, mediation, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements, negotiating and drafting of separation agreements, domestic litigation, and post-judgment proceedings. Sandy is a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers which places her in the top 5% of family law attorneys in the United States.
Ms. Brooks handles cases throughout all counties in Maryland.
Additional Practice Areas: Collaborative Law, Mediation, Divorce, Custody and Visitation, Child Support
Prior to law school, Ms. Brooks was a judicial intern for the Honorable John Turnbull, II, the Baltimore County Circuit Court administrative judge. During law school, Ms. Brooks served as a law clerk for the Law Office of William H. Roberge, Jr. Thereafter, she began her legal career as a tax controversy associate in Rockville, Maryland. Ms. Brooks was a family law associate with Ms. Hepfer for two years prior to the affiliation of the Law Office of Cheryl Lynn Hepfer with Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law.
Offit Kurman Attorney Sandra Brooks Named To Top 40 Under 40 National Trial Lawyers
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Faculty, AICPA Expert Witness Skills Workshop, 2016-2017
- Co-Chair Bar Association of Montgomery County Maryland, Family Law Section, 2015-2017
- Co-Founder Living With Childhood Leukemia Foundation - 501 (c) (3) Organization
- Co-Chair, Law Day, Bar Association of Montgomery County Maryland, Family Law Section
- Maryland State Bar Association,
- Women’s Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Member, Inns of Court
- Volunteer, Maryland New Directions
- Program Chair, Bar Association of Montgomery County Maryland, Family Law Section, 2014
- Room Parent for Bunnies, The Goddard School
- Smart CEO Power Player, 2014