As a family law attorney, Sandra (Sandy) Brooks’ practice focuses on a wide range of aspects in regards to family law. She dedicates her time to assisting clients in domestic law matters including divorce, child custody and visitation, family mediation, spousal and child support, property division, and division of retirement benefits. Other matters that fall under her jurisdiction as a family law attorney include tax consequences of divorce, mediation, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements, negotiating and drafting of separation agreements, domestic litigation, and post-judgment proceedings.
Points of Distinction
- Named to the "Best Lawyers in America" listing in the Family Law category 2015, 2018
- Named to the "Best Lawyers in America" listing in the Family Law Arbitration category in 2018
- Daily Record Leading Women, 2014
- Maryland Rising Star, selected by Super Lawyers, 2012, 2013
- Top 40 Under 40 National Trial Lawyers
Prior to law school, Ms. Brooks was a judicial intern for the Honorable John Turnbull, II, the Baltimore County Circuit Court administrative judge. During law school, Ms. Brooks served as a law clerk for the Law Office of William H. Roberge, Jr. Thereafter, she began her legal career as a tax controversy associate in Rockville, Maryland. Ms. Brooks was a family law associate with Ms. Hepfer for two years prior to the affiliation of the Law Office of Cheryl Lynn Hepfer with Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law.