In today’s increasingly interconnected world, clients seek real-world, practical solutions-oriented counsel geared towards ensuring seamless operations in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Asia. The International Law Group at Offit Kurman is a multidisciplinary group of attorneys experienced in providing sound legal advice, designed to build and safeguard our clients’ international businesses and investments. Our attorneys advise our clients on issues—ranging from corporate formation, commercial transactions, compliance matters, immigration, to pursuing and defending claims in litigation, arbitration, mediation, and other forms of dispute resolution—with a solution-based approach tailored to our clients’ needs. Offit Kurman attorneys’ familiarity with both the cultural and legal barriers that may arise for foreign investors, coupled with our global network of foreign law firms and other non-legal business consultants, is designed to provide creative solutions to implement clients’ objectives.
Protecting Your Investment
What We Do
Our services include:
- Training of your team on compliance with the federal and state fair housing act.
- Thorough understanding of tax credit and subsidized housing, review of approval documents and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Preparing eviction notices to ensure compliance with local laws/regulations/low income programs.
- Prevention and defense of mold and bed bug claims.
- Sophisticated client software integration ensuring current information exchange on all eviction cases.
- Complaints for possession, wrongful detainers and other eviction proceedings.
- Assistance with enforcement of lease terms and conditions, including issues of occupancy, maintenance and tax credit/HCV compliance.
- Review and drafting of leases, addenda and rental applications to ensure compliance with all state and local laws and to incorporate all required provisions.
- Cost effective defense of claims brought by tenants/former tenants and trespassers.
- Negotiating/drafting of management agreements, leases and tenant work-out agreements.
- Policy and procedure drafting for commercial and residential fair housing act and local discrimination law compliance and litigation. Review of a landlord’s “Failure-to-Pay” or “Pay-or-Quit” notices to ensure compliance with requirements for appropriate notice and service of same.
- Timely notifications on updates and changes in law and procedure.