Samantha H. Kravitz is a principal in Offit Kurman's Family Law practice group. She is an experienced attorney who handles cases involving divorce and separation, child custody, child support, spousal support/alimony, property division, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements and the enforcement of court orders and agreements in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Her child custody practice often includes complex custody issues involving parents with mental health conditions, allegations of substance abuse and children with special needs. Ms. Kravitz also has experience with cases involving complex compensation and business valuation issues.
As a trained mediator, her law practice is largely focused on the settlement of cases outside of court through negotiation and the drafting of separation and settlement agreements, but her extensive trial experience in both Maryland and the District of Columbia serves her clients when litigation is necessary. Ms. Kravitz is a court-appointed mediator and facilitator for the Circuit Court for Montgomery County's Custody Mediation Program and Facilitation Program through Family Division Services. She also serves on the roster of court-approved divorce/property mediators for the Court's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program. Ms. Kravitz is also trained in Collaborative Law.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Family Law (2021, 2022)
- Washingtonian Magazine, Top Attorney, Divorce and Family Law (2020, 2021)
- Montgomery County Maryland Bar Foundation, Bar Leader (2020 inductee)
- Bethesda Magazine, Top Attorney, Divorce (2019)
- Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine, Rising Star (2013-2018)
- Washington DC Super Lawyers Magazine, Rising Star (2013-2018)
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland, Section Chair of the Year, (2012)
- Arc of Baltimore, Award for Service (2008)