Michelle L. Evans focuses her practice on estate planning and trust and estate administration in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
Ms. Evans assists clients with creating estate plans to meet their financial and personal objectives. Such planning often includes the preparation of Wills, Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts, Durable General Powers of Attorney, and Advance Medical Directives.
Ms. Evans dedicates a substantial amount of her time to estate and trust administration matters. Her administration practice includes directing fiduciaries through the probate process in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia, and assisting with the preparation of inventories and accounts. Ms. Evans prepares federal, D.C., and Maryland estate tax returns for taxable estates as well as federal estate tax returns to elect portability of the federal estate tax exclusion amount.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- District of Columbia Rising Star, selected by Super Lawyers, 2018
- Wills, Trusts and Estates for the D.C. Area Practitioner, Matthew Bender treatise, 2017, Co-author
- District of Columbia and Maryland Residents Enjoy Estate Tax Relief in 2017, McArthur Franklin PLLC Client Alert, October 26, 2016
- Moving Beyond Grandpa's Pension: Estate and Tax Planning with Retirement Benefits, Virginia State Bar Trusts and Estates Section Newsletter, Summer 2016
- The Results are In . . . Exemption and Exclusion Amounts Set for 2016, McArthur Franklin PLLC Client Alert, November 20, 2015
- D.C. Estate Tax Exemption Will Increase . . . But When?, McArthur Franklin PLLC Client Alert, March 4, 2015
- Note, Wrongs Committed During a Marriage: The Child That No Area of the Law Wants to Adopt, 66 WASH. & LEE L. REV. 465 (Law Review Award Winner from Washington and Lee Law Council)
- Joint Trusts: Does It Take Two (Revocable Trusts) to Make a Thing Go Right?, D.C. Bar Estate Planning Tax Series, Washington, D.C., May 17, 2017, Co-Presenter
- Picking Up the Tab: Considerations in Drafting Tax Apportionment Clause, D.C. Bar Estate Planning Tax Series, Washington, D.C., September 8, 2015, Co-Presenter