Beth Hodges’ practice is devoted exclusively to family law. Her cases involve the litigation, negotiation, and settlement of simple as well as complex financial and non-financial issues and disputes.
In her family law practice, Beth handles equitable distribution, alimony, child support, and child custody cases, among others. Her cases also include drafting of premarital agreements, separation agreements, postnuptial agreements, parenting agreements and property settlement agreements. She has settled numerous cases through mediation and arbitration, in addition to resolving cases through litigation.
Beth is a fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, a national organization that encourages the study and elevates the standards in the practice of matrimonial law. The 1600 AAML fellows across the United States are recognized by judges and lawyers as pre-eminent family law practitioners with knowledge, skills, and integrity beyond reproach.
Beth is certified as a family law specialist by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.
- Panelist, Effectively Arguing Contempt Issues, Advance Family Law forum hosted by the National Business Institute, Charlotte, NC (August 16, 2018)
- Beth Hodges quoted in Next Avenue: Best Ways to Navigate a Late-in-Life Divorce (November 16, 2017)
- When boomers divorce — what are the financial implications? Charlotte divorce lawyer Beth Hodges discusses implications of divorce near or at retirement. Charlotte Business Journal (May 9, 2017)
HONORS & AWARDS
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, Family Law, 2008, 2011, 2014-2019
- Lawyer of the Year, Family Law, 2014, 2016 & 2018
- Super Lawyers, Family Law, 2006, 2009-2019
- Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women, 2010, 2014-2017
- Legal Elite, Family Law, Business North Carolina, 2014-2019