David Coaxum focuses his practice on the negotiation, settlement, collaborative process, and litigation of family law matters in Maryland and the District of Columbia. In addition to family law matters, he handles civil litigation and business transactional matters. His litigation practice has included representing individuals and corporate clients in state and federal trials and contract disputes, high profile defamation claims, company-dissolution disputes, real property litigation, and judgment collection. Mr. Coaxum also represents individuals and small businesses in entertainment negotiations, and other transactional matters.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Recognized in The National Black Lawyers Top 100, May 2018
- Featured member in Maryland State Bar Association, February 2018
- Seminar Panelist: The Do’s and Don’ts of Discovery, 2008, Family Law Section, Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Seminar Panelist: Law Day, 2010, Young Lawyers Section, MSBA
- David S. Coaxum, Breach of Contract Trumps Alimony, December 2009, Family Law News, Maryland State Bar Association, Inc.”
Prior to joining Offit Kurman, Mr. Coaxum served as a Partner with a distinguished Maryland-based full service law firm. He has also previously worked as corporate counsel for a publicly traded 1st tier telecommunications company.
The Maryland State Bar Association featured Offit Kurman attorney David Coaxum in one of the association’s member profile videos. In…
Offit Kurman Attorney David Coaxum Featured in Maryland State Bar Association Video Baltimore, MD | May 29, 2018 The…
David Coaxum, a principal family law attorney at Offit Kurman, was recognized by The National Black Lawyers in their Top…