Mr. Dorwin’s practice in civil and administrative litigation is focused primarily on real estate law, including residential and commercial landlord-tenant law, Fair Housing Act compliance, and regulatory compliance. Additionally, Mr. Dorwin has experience in complex construction litigation, discrimination defense, subsidized housing lease-ups and compliance, and alternative dispute resolution. Mr. Dorwin also regularly assists owners of commercial and residential properties in business licensing and other matters of District of Columbia code compliance.
SPEECHES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter at Landlord-Tenant Seminar, Landlord-Tenant Overview, July 2017, Washington D.C.
- Presenter at Landlord-Tenant Seminar, The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same, March 2017, Washington D.C.
- Presenter at IREM 8 (Institute of Real Estate Management – D.C. Chapter), Commercial & Residential Landlord-Tenant Overview, March 2017, Washington D.C.
- Presenter at Landlord-Tenant Seminar, The Rental Housing Late Fee Fairness Amendment Act, December 2016, Washington D.C.
- Presenter at Landlord-Tenant Webinar, The Rental Housing Late Fee Fairness Amendment Act, November 2016, Bethesda MD
"No client wishes to become involved in litigation, whether landlord-tenant or otherwise. However, when it becomes necessary, my clients trust our team to guide them through the litigation process and to make decisions with an eye toward their bottom line. I take seriously my role as a trusted business adviser for my clients.”
— Brian Dorwin