Offit Kurman's Intellectual Property (IP) Group helps dynamic businesses and individuals to develop and protect their IP assets. We can help you through all stages of your IP matters - from concept through development, registration, licensing, marketing, renewals, enforcement and sales. Our comprehensive and strategic approach to IP protection is designed to maximize the value of your IP assets and minimize the related risks.
Our IP team can help you to protect your names, logos, inventions, lists, works and other intangible property - which you likely value as being among your most highly prized assets. We represent individuals, private businesses and public companies to develop IP protection plans of varying complexity which meet the specific needs of each client.
Emerging technologies and intellectual property move at a lightning-fast pace in today's global marketplace. Protecting your IP is as crucial as ever, and is often an indicator of the value of your company’s potential. Our clients turn to us early and often for counsel regarding how to build, expand and profit from their IP portfolios.
Trademarks & Copyrights
- Brand Development, Protection and Enforcement (i.e., trademark and domain name selection counseling, portfolio management services, trademark registration, monitoring, and renewal services)
- Copyright Registration and Fair Use Determinations
- Transactional Support Services (i.e., licensing, due diligence for commercial transactions and security interest agreements)
- Trademark Clearinghouse Registration Services
- Preparing and Filing Patent Applications in Wide Array of Technological Fields Before the USPTO and Worldwide
- Patent Portfolio Development
- Offensive and Defensive Reexaminations Before the USPTO
- Opinions for Freedom-to-Operate Patentability, Infringement and Invalidity
- Patent Licensing and Agreements
- Due Diligence, Competitor Watch Services and Counseling
Privacy & Trade Secrets
- Development, Enforcement and Interpretation of Trade Secret Policies and Procedures
- Data Rights Markings for Government Contractors
- CAN-SPAM, PCI and GLB issues
- Domain-Name Arbitration and Other Internet Disputes
Litigation & Disputes
- Litigation and Disputes Relating to Trademarks, Patents, Copyrights, Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Patent Reexaminations
- Trademark Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- Cybersquatting and Typo-Squatting Claims
- Domain-Name Arbitration and Other Internet Disputes
How We Do It
We will conduct a comprehensive review of your intellectual property assets and help you determine the appropriate course of action for protecting each such asset.
- IP Audits To Classify Assets and Determine Best Form of Protection
- Branding Counsel and Opinions
- Fair Use Determinations
- Invention Disclosures; Review of Prior Art and Public Disclosures; Opinions for Freedom to Operate, Patentability, Infringement and Invalidity
- Transactional Due Diligence
- Chain of Title Studies
- Assessment of Data Rights and Markings
For those who believe in astrology, people born between February 19 and March 20 are Pisces. The Pisces symbol consists of two fish swimming in opposite directions. To recognize our Pisces friends and relatives, test your knowledge of these fish-related intellectual property assets.
On March 17th, we will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with parades and green beer. Although this day was originally celebrated as a religious holiday, it has become a day to honor Irish history and culture. To mark the occasion, test your knowledge of these Irish-related intellectual property facts.
On March 3, 1847, Alexander Graham Bell was born. This Scottish born inventor is credited with creating and patenting the first telephone, and Bell also founded AT&T in 1885. To honor this pioneer in the field of communications technology and business, test your knowledge on these intellectual property-related facts pertaining to telephones and the communications industry.
March 2nd, 2019 is the 115th anniversary of the day Dr. Seuss was born. This author, cartoonist, and animator created more than 60 books, including some of the world’s most recognizable works of intellectual property. To honor his contributions to the fields of education and entertainment, test your knowledge of the life and works of Dr. Seuss.
ebruary 26th is National Fairy Tale Day! When an original version of a legendary story is first published, the writer has created what can become a highly valuable work. Although the copyright in an original published version of a fairy tale is limited to the creator’s words and/or images, others may freely create adaptions of this work after the copyright in the original work has expired. To celebrate this occasion, test your knowledge of some of the world’s most famous fairy tales.
February 15th is the birthday of civil rights pioneer Susan B. Anthony. On this day, we honor our nation’s efforts to promote equal treatment for women. To honor the occasion, test your knowledge of the following items invented by women. Did you know in the early years of our nation’s history a woman could not obtain a patent in her own name because her property was required to be titled in the name of her father or husband?
Valentine’s Day will be here soon!!! To honor the season of love, test your knowledge of these company logos associated with hearts, chocolate and flowers.
Are you challenged by a complex legal issue or situation? Need help protecting your family or business in the face of legal threats? Looking for ways to preserve and improve your personal or business assets? Or maybe you just have a tough legal question that requires the expert perspective of an experienced attorney … Whatever the case may be, Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law is your perfect legal partner. Simply fill out the form below to access the knowledgeable legal guidance that our team of experienced attorneys has to offer.