Offit Kurman's Intellectual Property (IP) Group helps dynamic businesses and individuals to develop and protect their IP assets. We can help you through all stages of your IP matters - from concept through development, registration, licensing, marketing, renewals, enforcement and sales. Our comprehensive and strategic approach to IP protection is designed to maximize the value of your IP assets and minimize the related risks.
Our IP team can help you to protect your names, logos, inventions, lists, works and other intangible property - which you likely value as being among your most highly prized assets. We represent individuals, private businesses and public companies to develop IP protection plans of varying complexity which meet the specific needs of each client.
Emerging technologies and intellectual property move at a lightning-fast pace in today's global marketplace. Protecting your IP is as crucial as ever, and is often an indicator of the value of your company’s potential. Our clients turn to us early and often for counsel regarding how to build, expand and profit from their IP portfolios.
Trademarks & Copyrights
- Brand Development, Protection and Enforcement (i.e., trademark and domain name selection counseling, portfolio management services, trademark registration, monitoring, and renewal services)
- Copyright Registration and Fair Use Determinations
- Transactional Support Services (i.e., licensing, due diligence for commercial transactions and security interest agreements)
- Trademark Clearinghouse Registration Services
- Preparing and Filing Patent Applications in Wide Array of Technological Fields Before the USPTO and Worldwide
- Patent Portfolio Development
- Offensive and Defensive Reexaminations Before the USPTO
- Opinions for Freedom-to-Operate Patentability, Infringement and Invalidity
- Patent Licensing and Agreements
- Due Diligence, Competitor Watch Services and Counseling
Privacy & Trade Secrets
- Development, Enforcement and Interpretation of Trade Secret Policies and Procedures
- Data Rights Markings for Government Contractors
- CAN-SPAM, PCI and GLB issues
- Domain-Name Arbitration and Other Internet Disputes
Litigation & Disputes
- Litigation and Disputes Relating to Trademarks, Patents, Copyrights, Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- Patent Reexaminations
- Trademark Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- Cybersquatting and Typo-Squatting Claims
- Domain-Name Arbitration and Other Internet Disputes
How We Do It
We will conduct a comprehensive review of your intellectual property assets and help you determine the appropriate course of action for protecting each such asset.
- IP Audits To Classify Assets and Determine Best Form of Protection
- Branding Counsel and Opinions
- Fair Use Determinations
- Invention Disclosures; Review of Prior Art and Public Disclosures; Opinions for Freedom to Operate, Patentability, Infringement and Invalidity
- Transactional Due Diligence
- Chain of Title Studies
- Assessment of Data Rights and Markings
Who We Are
Intellectual Property Attorneys
October 24th is United Nations Day, the anniversary of the date when the UN Charter became effective. Flags display colors,…
National Handbag Day is observed annually on October 10th. Luxury handbag logos are highly valued intellectual property assets and the owners of these marks invest substantial resources to enforce their intellectual property rights. To honor these iconic fashion brands, test your knowledge of these handbag-related marks.
Although National Elephant Appreciation Day is formally celebrated September 22nd, it is always a good time to recognize Thailand’s national animal. To honor these majestic (and unfortunately endangered) creatures, test your knowledge of several famous fictional elephants and elephant brands:
International Literacy Day is observed on September 8th each year to highlight efforts to improve the global literacy rate. To recognize the need for improved world literacy and underscore the inspiring power of great literary works, test your ability to identify the authors and works associated with these passages from famous books:
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Woodstock Music & Art Fair – one of history’s most memorable displays of creative talent. To recognize the people, events, and music of Woodstock, test your knowledge of these facts from the event known as 3 DAYS OF PEACE AND MUSIC:
This Summer marks the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing. Throughout its history, NASA made a huge number of highly valuable contributions not only for the space program but also for the advancement of commercial technology…
September means it’s back to school time for students. Colleges take great pride in their names, mascots, and mottos, which are highly prized assets and which can be a huge source of revenue for sales of branded merchandise. Celebrate the season by testing your knowledge of these famous marks from the world of collegiate sports.
Are you challenged by a complex legal issue or situation? Need help protecting your family or business in the face of legal threats? Looking for ways to preserve and improve your personal or business assets? Or maybe you just have a tough legal question that requires the expert perspective of an experienced attorney … Whatever the case may be, Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law is your perfect legal partner. Simply fill out the form below to access the knowledgeable legal guidance that our team of experienced attorneys has to offer.