Russell Berger is the trusted legal counsel every business owner needs to feel confident in their decision-making and secure with their assets. He is a pragmatic problem-solver that works efficiently and tirelessly to present his clients the best possible solutions to their most complicated issues. As an accomplished, Principal attorney and Chair of the Labor and Employment Practice, Mr. Berger provides business counsel to employers on employee matters and is well-versed in litigating in both state and federal courts. He represents employers, businesses, and professionals in employment disputes across the nation. As a trusted partner for his clients, Mr. Berger:
- Provides general business advice and specific, conflict-oriented advice to business clients on all aspects of employment law, including matters pertaining to wage and hour laws, disability laws, hirings, terminations, compensation, problem employees, and harassment.
- Litigates class and collective action wage and hour lawsuits, as well as lawsuits and administrative proceedings alleging discrimination, harassment, improper terminations, failure to pay proper compensation and related employment matters. Learn more about Offit Kurman’s Overtime and Fair Labor Standards Act Practice.
- Prepares and reviews employment documents and litigates issues pertaining to Employment Agreements, Severance Agreements, Non-Compete Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, and IP Agreements
- Participates in counseling and negotiating employment aspects of corporate transactions
- Conducts investigations, drafts reports and advises clients regarding allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Drafts employee handbooks and employment policies
- Drafts various contracts and other agreements
- Litigates all aspects of general civil and commercial disputes
“My goal is to ensure business owners are confident in their decision-making and feel secure with their assets, particularly with respect to the growing threat of minimum wage and overtime issues.”
— Russell Berger
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- In January 2018, Russell was featured on the cover of the Daily Record for his interview in the article, "Employment attorneys prepare clients for paid sick leave law". He was also featured in the Baltimore Business Journal's article, "Md. business owners under pressure to comply with new sick leave law".
- In 2017, Russell was promoted to the Chair of Offit Kurman's Labor and Employment Practice
- From 2012-2017, Russell was selected by Super Lawyers as a Maryland Rising Star. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement
- In 2016, Russell presented at MACPA's 47th Annual Chesapeake Tax Conference
- In 2006 and 2007, Russell was the Manuscripts Editor for the University of Maryland Law Journal of Race Religion, Gender & Class
"Offit Kurman Attorneys Russell Berger and Attorney Interviewed on Maryland Paid Sick Leave by AHA! Business Radio"
Every Tuesday from 6–7pm, Baltimore’s CBS Sports Radio airs AHA! Business Radio, a show produced by Allan Hirsh Advisors. Hosted…
Despite efforts to postpone the effective date of the Maryland Healthy Working Families Act (sick leave), the law went into…
From Russell Berger of Offit Kurman’s Labor and Employment Group To learn more about the new Paid Sick Leave…View All