Margaret represents clients with both New Jersey and national operations on a broad spectrum of matters, with a concentration in environmental law. Her practice areas include site remediation, permitting, business transactions, land use, compliance, sustainable and renewable energy, cost recovery actions; insurance coverage for environmental remediation and enforcement. She has extensive experience in brownfields redevelopment and energy projects appearing before federal, state, and local governmental bodies and boards, representing clients in private party business transactions and in internal company decision-making.
- Environmental Law
- Sustainable and Renewable Energy
REPRESENTATIVE SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Evaluating environmental obligations and emerging issues in environmental and land use law - New Jersey Manufactured Housing Association (NJMHA), Association of Environmental Authorities (AEA), Automotive Recyclers Association of New Jersey (ARA-NJ) and New Jersey Builders Association (NJBA).
Ethical obligations and conflicts of interest - NJBA, AEA, and New Jersey Water Association.
Communication - NJMHA.
- Housing Insights – NJMHA Housing Insights
- Dimensions - NJBA
- ARA-NJ Newsletter
- “Ethics: Laws and Regulations for Public Works Managers and New Jersey State-Licensed Water and Wastewater Operators," New Jersey Water Association Monthly Training, April 2022
- "Environmental Justice Legislation," NJ Association of Environmental Authorities 2020 AEA Conference, November 2020 (Co-Coordinator, Panel Member)
- Recipient of the Athena Award in recognition of leadership in the business community and encouragement of women in leadership roles.
- NJMHA President's Award for outstanding professional service, Distinguished Service Award, and Industry Person of the Year.
- Past chair of the Women in Business and Professional Services Committee of the Greater Monmouth County Chamber of Commerce.
- Outstanding Leader Award and Juliette Lowe Leadership Award - Manalapan Englishtown Service Unit of the Girl Scouts of America.
- Margaret was formerly the co-founder and Vice President of Tyler & Carmeli P.C., and a shareholder of the firm.