Labor And Employment Law
Labor And Employment Law Attorneys
Employment Attorneys Protecting The Rights And Interests Of Employers
In today's workplace, there's a distinct advantage to having a legal partner with the knowledge and experience to provide sound guidance in labor and employment issues. Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law experienced team of labor lawyers and employment attorneys is well positioned to offer a broad range of services to employers of all sizes and types – whether for-profit, nonprofit, or governmental entities – across the United States.
Our employment attorneys assist employers in staying current with changes in the law and making proactive decisions regarding workplace policy and procedure. We pride ourselves in developing the type of relationships that enable you to stay focused on your core business and moving your business forward. From labor negotiations and alternative dispute resolution, to wage and hour investigations and charges of wrongful termination, the labor attorneys at Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law are skilled at helping to resolve the challenging workplace issues employers face every day.
We provide representation before state and federal courts, as well as administrative agencies, such as the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, and a multitude of state and local administrative agencies.
When you partner with Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law, you get timely updates on the latest laws and rulings in the ever-changing labor law landscape. Our employment attorneys lead national seminars regarding cutting-edge legal strategies to address today's litigious workplace. We are dedicated to helping you achieve maximum operational flexibility while minimizing your legal risk and cost.
Our Labor and Employment services include:
- Defense of discrimination and workplace harassment claims before administrative agencies and courts
- Representing employer rights in wage and hour, wrongful discharge, and other claims including defamation, invasion of privacy, and breach of contract
- Counseling clients on conducting effective workplace investigations and/ or serving as the primary outside investigator of suspected workplace misconduct/harassment
- Creating effective alternative dispute resolution processes and procedures for employers that desire to minimize exposure to court claims
- Providing management education and training on minimizing exposure to workplace claims
- Proactively conducting wage and hour audits in order to assure compliance with complicated federal and state wage/hour laws
- Advising clients on the correct manner to implement terminations and reductions in force
- Conducting labor negotiations on behalf of unionized employers and advising non-union employers on lawful techniques to resist unionization campaigns
- Drafting employment agreements, handbooks and policies and procedures manuals for employers
- Handling trade secret and non-compete issues for employers, including drafting effective policies and representing employers in non-compete litigation
To learn more about how Offit Kurman's labor and employment law services benefit you or your business please click the link below.
Labor & Employment Law News
On February 9, 2018, Katherine Witherspoon was interviewed on WILM 1450/ WDOV 1410 radio station about sexual harassment and sexual…
Despite efforts to postpone the effective date of the Maryland Healthy Working Families Act (sick leave), the law went into…
Join us for our complimentary workshop, as we discuss the essential steps an employer should take to prevent and remediate…