Maple Lawn Office
Offit Kurman, one of the fastest growing law firms in the mid-Atlantic region, is currently recruiting for a Systems Administrator to join its IT Department in the Howard County, Maryland office.
The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards.
- Provide Level 1 & 2 support for staff on Microsoft Windows, Office, and other software as well as supporting desktop, laptop, and mobile devices.
- Participate in Help Desk operations to provide prompt and thorough support to staff and maintaining accurate and timely updates to Help Desk cases.
- Perform administrative tasks for Microsoft servers including monitoring server and system operation; installing upgrades, patches, and fixes as appropriate; ensuring proper server backups; identifying and resolving technical problems; and ensuring proper security and configuration of existing and new server installations.
- Conduct Active Directory administration including creation and maintenance of AD objects (users, computers, sites, etc.), monitoring of proper replication of AD information between sites, ensuring best practices are applied within the AD environment, and performing maintenance and backups of the AD environment.
- Perform “light” hardware maintenance on servers, workstations, laptops, and other equipment including diagnosis, recommendation, repair, upgrade, and replacement as necessary.
- Keep current on IT developments, recommending upgrades in hardware and software systems as appropriate.
- Monitor and ensure installation of operating system updates for PCs, servers, and assigned software applications.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the IT systems and deployments.
- Ability to configure, install, troubleshoot, and maintain servers, workstations, laptops, and tablet PCs.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Server operating systems.
- Must be willing and able to coordinate work as a member of the IT team.
- Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to deal diplomatically with a wide variety of personalities.
- Must have good verbal skills, be able to explain technical items to non-technical personnel, be able to understand a variety of instructions and problem statements, and be able to read and write functional technical documentation.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends.
- 4+ years’ experience supporting Windows desktop/laptop PCs
- A+, MCP, MCITP or similar certifications highly preferred
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Servers
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
- Customer Service Experience a must
Please, no phone calls.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offit Kurman is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.