- This event has passed.
Offit Kurman Telebriefs®
August 4 at 9:00 am EDT
The next Offit Kurman Telebriefs® call will be on
August 4th, 2021
Offit Kurman Telebriefs® are 30-minute, information-packed phone calls geared towards executives, HR directors, supervisors, managers, and business owners. Join Howard K. Kurman, as he discusses employment law developments occurring over the past month that will most significantly impact employers nationwide. These once-a-month phone calls are an easy way to stay current and compliant with the latest employment law developments that will significantly affect you and your company. The goal is to provide information and insights to help executives stay current with the latest workplace law developments and in front of trends, to enable proactive policy-making and management. Our guarantee: You will learn something useful, on every call!
When: The 1st Wednesday of every month
Time: 9:00 – 9:30 AM EST
Where: On your phone
“We enjoy and look forward to the Offit Kurman Telebriefs calls that Howard Kurman does every other week. Our HRBP’s meet in my office to listen together and discuss the information afterwards. The information is always timely and relevant. It is a great way to keep up with court cases and legislation that affects our Employee Relations, Labor Relations, and Human Resource issues.”
- Stephen Heise, SPH, Vice President of Human Resources at Maryland Live! Casino & Hotel
"I have been a participant in Howard's bi-weekly Telebriefs since their inception. These "shots" of legal information have enabled me to provide senior management with valuable foresight into legal issues that impact our Company. Mr. Kurman is able to communicate complex legal matters in clear, concise language that non-attorneys can understand. "
- Michael DiMaggio, PHR, Director of Human Resources & Safety at Fidelity Engineering Corporation
"My company has been a client of Offit Kurman from the firm’s beginning, and I’ve worked with Howard Kurman for more than 15 years on all sorts of issues and litigation. Participating in Howard’s bi-weekly telebriefs has added a very valuable way for me to regularly receive a high-level explanation of recent and anticipated court decisions, agency rulings, legislation that are “must know’s” for anyone charged with guiding or protecting their company from mistakes in the employment or labor arena. The guidance Howard provides on the telebriefs is practical, succinct, and helps me decide on what issues my company needs more in-depth legal assistance from him or other Offit Kurman attorneys. I highly recommend the telebriefs to anyone in human resources-related work, whether you are very experienced, just starting out, and anywhere in between."
- Ann W. Barnes
As a Human Resources professional, I look forward to Howard’s bi-weekly Telebriefs® and have participated in them for more than a year. The information Howard shares is always relevant and timely and is a great way to keep up with current issues impacting the workplace. Howard has a keen sense of where legislation and court cases are going and can often predict the outcome. The guidance and insights he provides in 30 minutes twice a month, and in a manner non-lawyers can understand, assists in developing or revising policies to minimize legal risk to the organization. I’ve learned something new on each Telebrief ®.
- Connie Cornacchia, HR Business Partner – Operations, Human Resources at Transamerica
- July 7, 2021 | Listen to the July 7th Telebriefs Call
- June 2, 2021 | Listen to the June 2nd Telebriefs Call
- May 5, 2021 | Listen to the May 5th Telebriefs Call
- April 7, 2021 |Listen to the April 7th Telebriefs Call
- March 3rd, 2021 | Listen to the March 3rd Telebriefs Call
- February 3rd, 2021 | Listen to the February 3rd Telebriefs Call
- January 6th, 2021 |Listen to the January 6th Telebriefs Call
- December 2nd, 2020 | Listen to the December 2nd Telebriefs Call
- November 4th, 2020 | Listen to the November 4th Telebriefs Call
- September 2nd, 2020 | Listen to the September 2nd Telebriefs Call | Transcript
- August 5, 2020 | Listen to the August 5th Telebriefs Call
- July 3, 2020 |Listen to the July 3rd Telebriefs Call
- June 3, 2020 | Listen to the June 3rd Telebriefs Call
- May 13, 2020 | Listen to the May 13th Telebriefs Call
- March 11, 2020 | Listen to the March 11th Telebriefs Call | Transcript
- February 27, 2020 | Listen to the February 26th call | Transcript
- February 12, 2020 | Listen to the February 12th call| Transcript
- January 08, 2020 | Listen to the January 8th call | Transcript
- December 11, 2019 | Listen to the December 11th call | Transcript
- November 27, 2019 | Listen to the November 27th call | Transcript
- November 13, 2019 | Workforce Mobility Act, Post-Obama NLRB Rulings, Determining Worker Cannabis Intoxication, and Relationship Disclosures | Transcript
- October 23, 2019 | Title VII in the Supreme Court, Workplace Accommodation Toolkit, & More | Transcript
- September 25, 2019 | DOL Announces Final Overtime Rule, EEOC Scraps Component 2 Pay Data, and more| Transcript
- September 11, 2019 | NLRB Rules on Bargaining Obligations of Employers and More | Transcript
- August 28, 2019 | EEOC Focuses on Leaves, Transgender Protections, & NLRB Rules on Arbitration Agreements | Transcript
- August 14, 2019 | New EEOC Counsel | Transcript
- July 24, 2019 | Raise the Wage Act | Transcript
- July 10, 2019 | EEOC and National Labor Relations Board Policy Updates | Transcript
- June 26, 2019 | Personnel Record Law In Virginia | Transcript
- June 12, 2019 | Senate Bill 328 - Non-Competition Agreement | Transcript
About the Presenter
Howard K. Kurman regularly counsels clients on all aspects of proactive employment and labor issues. He represents employers ranging in size from as small as 20 employees, to employers with geographically disparate locations consisting of over 4,000 employees. Mr. Kurman assures, through regular contact with his clients, that they promulgate and maintain the most effective employment policies that will, to the extent possible, minimize their legal exposure in today’s litigious workplace. Mr. Kurman offers advice on employee handbooks, employment agreements, and covenants not to compete as well as confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.