Offit Kurman Telebriefs®
July 24 at 9:00 am
The next Offit Kurman Telebriefs® call will be on
July 24, 2019
Offit Kurman Telebriefs® are 30-minute, information-packed phone calls geared towards executives, HR directors, supervisors, managers, and business owners. Join Howard K. Kurman, as he discusses employment law developments occurring over the past two weeks that will most significantly impact employers nationwide. These twice-monthly phone calls are an easy way to stay current and compliant with the latest employment law developments that will significantly affect you and your company. The goal is to provide information and insights to help executives stay current with the latest workplace law developments and in front of trends, to enable proactive policy-making and management. Our guarantee: You will learn something useful, on every call!
When: The 2nd and 4th Wednesday each month
Time: 9:00 – 9:30 AM EST
Where: On your phone
“We enjoy and look forward to the Offit Kurman Telebriefs calls that Howard Kurman does every other week. Our HRBP’s meet in my office to listen together and discuss the information afterwards. The information is always timely and relevant. It is a great way to keep up with court cases and legislation that affects our Employee Relations, Labor Relations, and Human Resource issues.”
- Stephen Heise, SPH, Vice President of Human Resources at Maryland Live! Casino & Hotel
"I have been a participant in Howard's bi-weekly Telebriefs since their inception. These "shots" of legal information have enabled me to provide senior management with valuable foresight into legal issues that impact our Company. Mr. Kurman is able to communicate complex legal matters in clear, concise language that non-attorneys can understand. "
- Michael DiMaggio, PHR, Director of Human Resources & Safety at Fidelity Engineering Corporation
"My company has been a client of Offit Kurman from the firm’s beginning, and I’ve worked with Howard Kurman for more than 15 years on all sorts of issues and litigation. Participating in Howard’s bi-weekly telebriefs has added a very valuable way for me to regularly receive a high-level explanation of recent and anticipated court decisions, agency rulings, legislation that are “must know’s” for anyone charged with guiding or protecting their company from mistakes in the employment or labor arena. The guidance Howard provides on the telebriefs is practical, succinct, and helps me decide on what issues my company needs more in-depth legal assistance from him or other Offit Kurman attorneys. I highly recommend the telebriefs to anyone in human resources-related work, whether you are very experienced, just starting out, and anywhere in between."
- Ann W. Barnes
As a Human Resources professional, I look forward to Howard’s bi-weekly Telebriefs® and have participated in them for more than a year. The information Howard shares is always relevant and timely and is a great way to keep up with current issues impacting the workplace. Howard has a keen sense of where legislation and court cases are going and can often predict the outcome. The guidance and insights he provides in 30 minutes twice a month, and in a manner non-lawyers can understand, assists in developing or revising policies to minimize legal risk to the organization. I’ve learned something new on each Telebrief ®.
- Connie Cornacchia, HR Business Partner – Operations, Human Resources at Transamerica
- July 10, 2019 | Listen to this week's Telebrief | Transcript
- June 26, 2019 | Personnel Record Law In Virginia | Transcript
- June 12, 2019 | Senate Bill 328 - Non-Competition Agreement | Transcript
- May 22, 2019 | New Chair of the EEOC, Overtime Rules & Congressional Developments | Transcript
- May 8, 2019 | LampsPlus | Transcript
- April 24, 2019 | Supreme Court Cases & Maryland Legislation | Transcript
- April 10, 2019 | Joint Employment Under The Fair Labor Standards Act | Transcript
- March 27, 2019 |EEOC Dismissal and Notice of Rights Form | Transcript
- March 13, 2019 |DOL Overtime Update | Transcript
- February 27, 2019 | The Paycheck Fairness Act and Other Ways of Employment Discrimination | Transcript
- February 14, 2019 | SuperShuttle | Transcript
- November 14, 2018 | Department of Labor Announces Launch of Compliance Assistance Tools for New and Small Businesses | Transcript
- October 10, 2018 | Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Releases Preliminary Sexual Harassment Data for 2018 | Transcript
- September 26, 2018 | United States Department of Health and Human Services Publishes Report on America's Opioid Misuse and Overdose Crisis | Transcript
- September 12, 2018 | Department of Labor to Hold Public Listening Sessions to Gather Views on the "Overtime Rule" | Transcript
- August 22, 2018 | Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Sues Stanley Black & Decker for Disability Discrimination| Transcript
- August 8, 2018 | National Labor Relations Board Issues Notice Inviting the Filing of Briefs for Purple Communications | Transcript
- July 25, 2018 |The Department of Labor Issues a Press Release Formally Rescinding the Persuader Rule | Transcript
- July 11, 2018 | National Labor Relations Board is Launching New Pilot Program to Enhance the Use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) to Resolve Pending Cases | Transcript
- June 27, 2018 | Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry Submits Proposal to Change Salary Test for Exempt Executive, Administrative, and Professional Employees | Transcript
- June 13, 2018 | National Labor Relations Board Makes Policy Changes to Clarify Acceptable Practice in Employee Handbooks | Transcript
About the Presenter
Howard K. Kurman regularly counsels clients on all aspects of proactive employment and labor issues. He represents employers ranging in size from as small as 20 employees, to employers with geographically disparate locations consisting of over 4,000 employees. Mr. Kurman assures, through regular contact with his clients, that they promulgate and maintain the most effective employment policies that will, to the extent possible, minimize their legal exposure in today’s litigious workplace. Mr. Kurman offers advice on employee handbooks, employment agreements, and covenants not to compete as well as confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.