- This event has passed.
North Carolina Chapter: Community Associations Institute
March 12 at 8:15 am EST
Offit Kurman Attorneys Mike Hunter & Ben Karb Presenting on the topic of "The Fair Housing Act"
Join us for North Carolina's premier event for community association law and legal education for board members and community managers. Our speakers include the state's leading industry attorneys and subject matter experts
DATE & TIME
Fri. March 12
8:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
This unique annual event draws board members and managers each year to learn about the latest developments in community association law and legal issues. Our speakers include many of the state's premier industry attorneys in HOA and condominium association law.
This year's topics & speakers:
- Case Law Update - Brian Edlin & Tim Sellers
- The Importance of Community Collections in the Age of COVID - Cynthia Jones & Margaret Chase
- Uncomfortable Conversations: Bridging the Diversity Gap in Your Community - Hope Carmichael & Niya Fonville
- Legislative Update: How the Pandemic & Legislative Response Impact Your Community - Weldon Jones & Henry Jones
- Can You Really DO That? 10 Real-Life Operations Situations in Q&A format - Charles Meier & Ellen Wortman
- Fair Housing Act: Protections, Buzz Words & Pitfalls - Mike Hunter & Ben Karb
- Post-COVID Topics: What now? Meetings, Communications and Planning - Chris Gelwicks & Ted Mitchell
- Navigating Builder Defects - Steve Black & Kevin Giles
- Acts of God: Preparing, Reacting & Paying - Adam Beaudoin & Amy Wooten
- Enough is Enough! Governing Document Enforcement & Violations - Adam Marshall & Harmony Taylor
- Architectural Review: the Good, the Bad & the Just Plain Weird - David Wilson & Tina Pace
- Plus: Post-sessions Wrap-up on main stage - Panel Q&A facilitated by Todd Whitlow
ABOUT MIKE HUNTER
Mike’s background includes real estate and litigation, with a concentration in the area of creditors’ rights, including debt collection, bankruptcy, foreclosure, lien enforcement, and collateral recovery.
From 1995 to 2006, Mike served as an assistant attorney for the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office, primarily in the areas of civil process and judgment enforcement.
ABOUT BEN KARB
In his HOA and condominium practice, Ben regularly advises HOAs and condominium associations across a broad spectrum of issues, including the interpretation of covenants, contractual matters, and collection of assessments. He routinely attends membership meetings and assists communities with the ever-difficult process of amending their governing documents. He has formed numerous HOAs and condominium associations, and regularly drafts and amends Declarations and corporate documents for his clients.
ABOUT OFFIT KURMAN
At Offit Kurman, we are our clients’ most trusted legal advisors, professionals who help maximize and protect business value and personal wealth. In every interaction, we focus on furthering our clients’ objectives and provide timely services and within budget, all while focusing on the clients’ interests and goals.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. With over 230 attorneys offering a comprehensive range of services in virtually every legal category, the firm is well-positioned to meet dynamic businesses' needs, as well as the needs of the people who own and operate them. We also provide representation of individuals and families in diverse matters ranging from estate planning and asset protection to intellectual property structuring and entrepreneurial start-ups. Our International Group provides clients with a broad range of services for transactions and dispute representation for clients worldwide, including Europe, Canada, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa.
At Offit Kurman, we distinguish ourselves by the quality, breadth, and global reach of our legal services — as well as our unique operational structure, which encourages a culture of collaboration and entrepreneurialism. The same approach that makes our firm attractive to legal practitioners interested in representing clients in the middle market, also gives clients access to experienced counsel in almost every area of the law and in many jurisdictions in the U.S. and abroad
Subscribe and follow us on our Blog, and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can also sign up to receive LawMatters, Offit Kurman’s monthly newsletter covering a diverse selection of legal and corporate thought leadership content.
DELAWARE | MARYLAND | NEW JERSEY | NEW YORK | NORTH CAROLINA | PENNSYLVANIA |SOUTH CAROLINA | VIRGINIA | WASHINGTON, DC