- This event has passed.
How to Protect Your Company From Costly Sexual Harassment Claims [Workshop]
March 27, 2018 at 7:30 am EDTFree
Join us for our complimentary workshop. Learn how to protect your company with strong policies and procedures, and how to insure against big claims by using Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI).
Tuesday, March 27th
7:30 - 9:30 a.m.
at Loyola's Columbia Campus, 8890 McGaw Rd, Columbia, MD 21045
Limited seats available. Continental breakfast will be served.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- In the follow up to Harvey Weinstein, Matt Lauer, Bill O’Reilly and others, what standards should be maintained in the workplace?
- What constitutes workplace harassment and what is the company’s responsibility in addressing this societal issue?
- How can workplace training help prevent costly claims?
- How and under what circumstances are workplace investigations conducted when a claim of harassment is raised?
- What to do if harassment is proven, and what to do if it isn’t (can’t) be substantiated
- What is EPLI insurance and how can it protect your company?
- What risks does EPLI insurance protect against?
- What risks will EPLI insurance NOT cover?
- What are the typical costs associated with obtaining EPLI coverage?
Howard K. Kurman is an employment attorney. Mr. Kurman regularly counsels clients on all aspects of proactive employment/labor issues. He represents employers ranging in size from as small as 20 employees to those employers with geographically disparate locations consisting of over 4,000 employees. Mr. Kurman assures, through regular contact with his clients, that they promulgate and maintain the most effective employment policies that will, to the extent possible, minimize their legal exposure in today’s litigious workplace. Mr. Kurman offers advice on employee handbooks, employment agreements, and covenants not to compete as well as confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. Previously, Mr. Kurman was the chair of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group.
Dan Workmeister is the Vice President and a Commercial Risk Advisor at Consolidated. His ability to evaluate coverage, aid clients in implementing meaningful risk management practices and advise his customers on how to effectively market their insurance to carriers are what set him apart from the traditional insurance broker. He positions organizations to be in control of their outcomes and achieve favorable results year after year.