News: Press Release
Mike Mercurio Wins 2019 Lawyer Monthly Legal Award in Recognition of Recent M&A Accomplishments
Tysons Corner, VA | October 14, 2019
Offit Kurman attorney Michael N. Mercurio has been named among the winners of the Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards 2019, in the category of “Mergers and Acquisitions USA.”
According to Lawyers Monthly, the awards “[recognize] the achievements of law firms, lawyers, in-house counsel and those connected to the legal world who have a proven track record in delivering results for their clients over the past twelve months.” Divided into individual and firm categories, the honor “represent[s] the diversity of skills and knowledge that the profession has to offer clients across the globe.”
To be eligible for the award, an individual or firm must first be nominated by Lawyer Monthly readers. Attorneys and firms who receive the most votes are then assessed by a judging panel on a wide range of criteria. To select winners, judges review candidates’ supporting materials such as documented activity in the last 12 months; involvement in significant deals, cases, or other notable work; financial and/or legal expertise (as recognized by a peer group); innovation in client care; level of involvement within transactions; deals and cases; previous accolades and honors; and client testimonials.
Mr. Mercurio has been involved in numerous mergers, acquisitions, and other business transactions in 2019. Clients he and his team have represented in transactions over the past 12 months include the following:
- Seth Balsam and Kimberly Brooks (DBA Priddy’s Chimney, LLC) in their acquisition of Priddy Clean Chimney Sweeps, Inc
- Alliance Physical Therapy, LLC in its acquisition of Quality Chiropractic and Rehab, Inc.
- Retina Associates in its merger with The Retina Group of Washington
- South Florida Pain & Rehabilitation, PA in its sale to Trive Capital Management, LLC
- Immersion Active in its acquisition of Gilbert & Sheppard Group
- Hockeypuk Security Consulting, LLC in its acquisition of Special Aerospace Security Services, Inc. and the National Security Training Institute
- American Technology Services, LLC in its sale to Worldwide TechServices Holdings, LLC
- Insurance agent Jules Hendrix in her purchase of Crow Insurance Agency, Inc
- LINKZ, LLC in its purchase of Bowman Educational Services, Inc.
- Thomas Point Capital, LLC in its acquisition of M&R Consulting, LLC (DBA Home Instead Senior Care)
- KinderMender Walk-In Pediatric Center in its sale to PM Pediatrics Management Group, LLC
- VarcoMac Electrical Construction Company in its sale to Therma Holdings LLC, a portfolio company of Gemspring Capital
Mr. Mercurio is a leading attorney in the field of mergers and acquisitions (M&A). He serves as outside general counsel in buy-side and sell-side M&A, as well as in all business law and real estate law matters. As a strategic partner to firm clients, Mr. Mercurio regularly counsels entrepreneurial individuals and assorted entities on the many challenges, issues, and opportunities companies face throughout the business lifecycle—from start-up to eventual exit.
Mr. Mercurio also specializes in ownership planning, helping business owners prepare and optimally transition their businesses to third parties, management, or family. Additionally, he has significant experience representing clients in the government contracting arena, assisting them through growth and maturation issues as well as mergers and acquisition matters. Well-versed in government contracts and procurement law, Mr. Mercurio has brought value to many clients by working closely with them on various contractual and administrative issues arising from doing business with federal, state, and local governments.
The 2019 edition of the Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards will be published in December in print as well as online at legalawards.lawyer-monthly.com.
To learn more about and contact Mike Mercurio, please visit his attorney page at offitkurman.com. For M&A news and resources, including video interviews with CEOs, an up-to-the-minute news feed, and legal perspectives and guidance on business transactions, be sure to subscribe to Offit Kurman and Mr. Mercurio’s M&A Pulse at mandapulse.com.
ABOUT OFFIT KURMAN
Offit Kurman, one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States, serves dynamic businesses, individuals and families. With 17 offices and nearly 250 lawyers who counsel clients across more than 30 areas of practice, Offit Kurman helps maximize and protect business value and personal wealth by providing innovative and entrepreneurial counsel that focuses on clients’ business objectives, interests and goals. The firm is distinguished by the quality, breadth and global reach of its legal services and a unique operational structure that encourages a culture of collaboration. For more information, visit www.offitkurman.com.
DELAWARE | MARYLAND | NEW JERSEY | NEW YORK | NORTH CAROLINA | PENNSYLVANIA |SOUTH CAROLINA | VIRGINIA | WASHINGTON, DC