Howard Kurman Named Panelist for Labor and Law Conference on November 20.
Labor and Employment Law Conference The Maryland Chamber’s Labor and Employment Law Conference will provide member executives with a comprehensive overview of the employment law landscape, covering topics from hiring policies to retirement plan compliance. Learn more about the latest regulatory changes impacting Maryland businesses and preview the issues expected to be debated during the 2015 General Assembly session.
The sessions will be presented by employment law experts from within Maryland Chamber member companies. Session topics include:
- Preview of the 2015 MGA Legislative Session and Maryland Laws You May Have Missed
- Recent NLRB Decisions Impacting Maryland Employers
- Avoiding Claims Arising from Improper Pay Practices
- Reasonable Accommodation Under the Law
- Emerging Legal Landscape of Discrimination
- Regulating Employer Hiring Decisions
- Retirement Plan Compliance: It’s a New World
- Workers’ Compensation- Managing a successful system
Date &Time November 20, 2014 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Location Westin Annapolis Hotel 100 Westgate Circle Annapolis, MD 21401
Click here for more information and to register for the event.
ABOUT HOWARD KURMAN
Howard K. Kurman is Chair of the firm’s Labor & Employment Department. Mr. Kurman regularly counsels clients on all aspects of proactive employment/labor issues. He represents employers ranging in size from as small as 20 employees to those employers with geographically disparate locations consisting of over 4,000 employees. Mr. Kurman assures, through regular contact with his clients, that they promulgate and maintain the most effective employment policies that will, to the extent possible, minimize their legal exposure in today’s litigious workplace.