Managing Unionized Workforces Workshop and Seminar (Detroit)
An interactive workshop hosted by leading labor lawyers that is designed for in-house lawyers, executives, directors of labor relations, human resources executives, production managers and supervisors, business owners and others who manage a unionized workforce and want to be in a much stronger position to do so in a way that will result in reduced costs, increased efficiency, and less Union involvement and interference with your business. Topics to be covered include:
- Health Care Reform: What are my options?
- Pension Funds: Withdraw and pay, or stay in and keep your fingers crossed? And what about fund audits – how do you deal with those?
- Social Media and the NLRB – what you need to know.
- Buying and selling a unionized business – what do you need to look out for?
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements that save money and improve efficiency.
- Instituting Operational and Financial changes mid-term during the CBA.
- Bargaining to impasse and implementing the contract of your dreams.
- Lawfully eliminating the Union altogether
- Using incentive based pay and production standards to drive performance
- Union using the Government (DOL, NLRB, INS) as agents and how to defeat these tactics.
- Limiting Union Interference and involvement in your business.
- Winning grievances, arbitration and other employee and union litigation.
- What non-union companies have to fear from the NLRB and how to prevent this governmental agency from intruding on your internal operations.
Seminar Dates & Locations
email@example.com | 443.738.1517 For over 35 years, Mr. Kurman has represented unionized employers, successfully negotiating collective bargaining agreements that have increased profitability and decreased costs for his clients. Mr. Kurman has served as the chief spokesperson in over 200 collective bargaining negotiations, and has established a reputation as a negotiator who can forcefully advocate for his clients.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 301.575.0347 Mr. Kamins focuses his practice in the areas of labor law, employment litigation and drafting, and litigating non-competition agreements and employment contracts. In his labor relations practice, Mr. Kamins’ focus is collective bargaining, decertifications and representation elections. He has successfully negotiated hundreds of collective bargaining agreements for employers in industries such as hospitality, warehousing and distribution, manufacturing, construction, and in numerous other business sectors.
About Offit Kurman
Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law is a dynamic legal services provider assisting clients throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Our firm is well positioned to meet the legal needs of dynamic businesses and the people who own and operate them.
The attorneys at Offit Kurman have made it their mission to be your most trusted legal advisors, the professionals who help you maximize and protect your business value and individual wealth. In every interaction, we consistently strive to earn and maintain your trust, further your objectives, and help you achieve your goals in an efficient manner.