28 Offit Kurman Attorneys in Maryland Named to 2019 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
For Immediate Release
Baltimore, MD | December 20, 2018 Offit Kurman is pleased to announce that 28 of the firm’s attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2019 Maryland Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The patented annual selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Offit Kurman would like to recognize Family Law attorneys Sara Donohue, Cheryl Hepfer, and Catherine McQueen, who were named to the Maryland Top 50 Women list. Additionally, Ms. McQueen and Ms. Hepfer—as well as Ronald Ogens—are also on the state Top 100 list. Finally, we congratulate Bryn Sherman for her inaugural year on the Maryland Super Lawyers list.
A complete rundown of Offit Kurman attorneys in Maryland named to the 2018 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists can be found below. An asterisk (*) denotes a lawyer on the state Top 100 list; a dagger (†) denotes a lawyer on the state Top 50 Women list.
Alex M. Allman - Family Law (Recognized as a Maryland Super Lawyer Since 2016)
firstname.lastname@example.org | 410.209.6438
Mr. Allman focuses his practice in the areas of litigation (family law and civil litigation), as well as representation of professional athletes (in all aspects of promoting and protecting their non-sports career and brand), as well as acting as outside general counsel for entrepreneurs and small family-owned business. In 2018, the Maryland Daily Record named Mr. Allman a 2018 Leadership in Law Honoree. Leadership in Law recognizes legal professionals in Maryland who have displayed extraordinary dedication to their occupation and communities.
Joseph J. Bellinger, Jr. - Bankruptcy, Creditors Rights & Reorganization
email@example.com | 410.209.6415
Mr. Bellinger has extensive experience representing Chapter 11 trustees and has been appointed to serve as a Chapter 11 trustee in numerous bankruptcy proceedings. In addition, Mr. Bellinger served on the panel of Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees for the District of Maryland for over 20 years. In that capacity, he conducted liquidations of companies in virtually every industry sector, including heavy and light manufacturing, commercial and residential real estate, multi-unit housing, custom home builders, construction, custom home and office furnishings, restaurants, bars, retail, insurance, and intellectual property.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 410.209.6463
With extensive experience at the national and regional levels, Joyce Kuhns brings her in-depth knowledge in delivering creative solutions to help transform financial challenges to successful outcomes. Whether representing debtors, creditors, creditors committees or equity committees, trustees or regulators, Ms. Kuhns’ understanding of the complexities of financial and business structures and her skill with in court and out-of-court resolutions enables her to provide critical strategic advice from the boardroom to the courtroom and to a broad spectrum of clients including buyers and sellers of distressed assets and debts as well as directors and officers of companies in crisis.
Howard K. Kurman - Employment Law & Management (Recognized as a Maryland Super Lawyer Since 2010)
email@example.com | 410.209.6417
Howard K. Kurman is an employment attorney, co-founder of Offit Kurman, and a member of the firm's management committee. He represents employers ranging in size from as small as 20 employees to those employers with geographically disparate locations consisting of over 4,000 employees. Mr. Kurman assures, through regular contact with his clients, that they promulgate and maintain the most effective employment policies that will, to the extent possible, minimize their legal exposure in today’s litigious workplace. .
Timothy C. Lynch - Commercial Litigation & Real Estate (Recognized as Maryland Super Lawyer Since 2015)
firstname.lastname@example.org | 410.209.6436
Timothy Lynch is a litigation attorney and a member of the firm's management committee responsible for the management of all legal affairs of the firm. Mr. Lynch’s practice is focused on complex civil litigation matters as well as acting as outside general counsel to many owner managed businesses and entrepreneurs on a wide array of business issues. In addition, he serves as a corporate advisor to senior level executives, physicians and professional athletes throughout the United States. He also serves as aboard member for several privately owned companies advising on growth and management issues.
Richard L. Wasserman - Bankruptcy, International Practice & Alternative Dispute Resolution (Recognized as a Maryland Super Lawyer Since 2008)
email@example.com | 410.209.6414
Mr. Wasserman focuses his practice in matters involving bankruptcy and bankruptcy-related litigation, creditors' rights, secured transactions, workouts, reorganizations and restructurings. He has extensive experience representing clients in major business, commercial and real estate bankruptcy, workout and reorganization matters and has also served as a Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Trustee, as a court-appointed Examiner and as a mediator in bankruptcy adversary proceedings and claims resolution proceedings.
- Russell B. Berger
- Angela D. Pallozzi
- April Rancier
- Sara M. Donohue†
- Sara M. Donohue (Recognized in Best Lawyers Since 2010)Family LawWorking as a family law attorney for over twenty-five years, Sara Donohue has practiced in the field of domestic law in both Maryland and the District of Columbia. Her practice includes working on complex divorce and custody matters. In addition to handling matrimonial matters in the traditional negotiation and litigation modes, she has been trained in Collaborative Law and is a member of Collaborative Divorce Association, Inc. In addition to her Best Lawyers listing, Ms. Donahue has won recognition as a top woman attorney from the Washingtonian, Baltimore Magazine, Bethesda Magazine, and Super Lawyers.
- Cheryl L. Hepfer*†
- Cheryl L. Hepfer (Recognized in Best Lawyers Since 1995)Family Law Cheryl Hepfer is a highly-regarded attorney who has practiced family law for more than 40 years. She has been rated by her peers and is listed in Best Lawyers in America and as a top lawyer in the Washingtonian, Bethesda Magazine, and Super Lawyers. She is past president of both the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the International Academy of Family Lawyers. Her practice consists primarily of domestic litigation involving significant assets and business interests. She has a wealth of experience in complex cases involving significant assets and property distribution, alimony, child custody and access. She also has significant experience representing owners of businesses and their spouses, and those with significant assets, and works with business valuation experts and forensic accountants to maximize the benefits to her clients.
- James M. Hoffman
- James M. Hoffman (Recognized in Best Lawyers Since 2013)Litigation – BankruptcyAs a bankruptcy lawyer, business attorney, and expert in trademark law, James Hoffman focuses his practice in the areas of representing various business types, particularly closely held businesses. He also has a broad base of experience representing creditors, trustees and debtors in bankruptcy cases and litigation. Mr. Hoffman has represented seven different Chapter 7 trustees, and several Chapter 11 trustees and receivers. He has been involved in handling a broad range of litigation before state courts, including disputes involving complex commercial litigation, breach of contract actions, and collection actions. Mr. Hoffman also brings his extensive experience as a real estate attorney to the table.
- Catherine H. McQueen*†
Catherine H. McQueen Family Law
Kate McQueen has a broad foundation of experience in a wide array of complex civil litigation and now focuses her practice on family law issues, including divorce, custody and visitation, child support, adoption, and guardianships. She guides clients through the often emotional path of divorce and custody litigation with a reasoned and practical approach. She uses her knowledge of custody and property issues to help her clients achieve a successful result. She has also developed a guardianship practice, assisting clients in petitioning for guardianship and serving as court-appointed counsel for alleged disabled persons or as court-appointed guardian for individuals when their family members or friends are unwilling or unable to do so. Since 2015, she has been named to the Maryland Super Lawyers and Washington DC Super Lawyers lists.
- Stephen A. Metz
- Ronald L. Ogens*
- Ronald L. Ogens (Recognized in Best Lawyers Since 2008)Family Law, Family Law Mediation, and Family Law ArbitrationWashington, DC Family Law Mediation "Lawyer of the Year"Ronald L. Ogens serves as chair of the firm’s Family Law Practice Group. Mr. Ogens’ practice as family law attorney is focused on the negotiation, settlement, and litigation of family law matters in Maryland and the District of Columbia. He is a past president of the Maryland Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, an association of the nation’s top matrimonial lawyers from the 50 states who specialize in all issues relating to marriage and divorce. In addition to his Best Lawyers listing, Mr. Ogens has won recognition from the Washingtonian, Bethesda Magazine, and Super Lawyers.
- Eric J. Pelletier
- Bryn H. Sherman
- Bryn H. Sherman (Recognized in Best Lawyers Since 2013)Real Estate Law Bryn Sherman’s practice focus as a bankruptcy attorney is on both civil litigation and real estate litigation, with a concentration in representing creditors rights in bankruptcy. She also represents commercial and residential landlords in all types of disputes, in addition to local and regional banks in all matters, including strategic loan documentation, foreclosures and workouts.
- Michelle L. Evans
- Emily B. Gelmann
- Amira E. Khan
- Revée M. Walters
Ian P. Bartman
firstname.lastname@example.org | 240.772.5115
Ian P. Bartman is a principal in the firm's Business Litigation practice group. Ian's practice involves commercial litigation matters, construction law, real estate litigation matters, land use and zoning matters, commercial landlord-tenant matters, and estate litigation matters.
Keith N. Schiszik
email@example.com | 240.772.5200
Keith Schiszik focuses his practice on complex family law matters involving separation, divorce and child custody. When possible he negotiates out-of-court settlements through mediation, collaborative processes or settlement conference. When a fair settlement can not be reached, he is no stranger to taking issues to the court room.
David S. Coaxum
firstname.lastname@example.org | 301.575.0388
David Coaxum focuses his practice on the negotiation, settlement, collaborative process, and litigation of family law matters in Maryland and the District of Columbia. In addition to family law matters, he handles civil litigation and business transactional matters. His litigation practice has included representing individuals and corporate clients in state and federal trials and contract disputes, high profile defamation claims, company-dissolution disputes, real property litigation, and judgment collection. Mr. Coaxum also represents individuals and small businesses in entertainment negotiations, and other transactional matters.
Linda S. Ostovitz
email@example.com | 301.575.0381
Mrs. Ostovitz represents clients in Howard, Anne Arundel, Carroll, Montgomery, and Baltimore Counties. Her practice focuses exclusively on divorce litigation and mediation, child custody and access, child support, alimony, business valuation, as well as property and asset distribution. In addition to providing legal representation in court, Mrs. Ostovitz provides mediation services to help families come to a resolution without the need for litigation.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 3015750331
Fred Silverstein is an exceptional litigator and advocate for his clients. He has more than 39 years of experience practicing law in Howard County, including 15 years as a public defender and a term as president of the Howard County Bar Association. Mr. Silverstein works in partnership with clients to ensure the best and most comprehensive family law representation from prenuptial agreements to divorces.
- Kelcie L. Longaker
- Joseph B. Mathis