Legal Administrative Assistant
Tysons Corner, Virginia
Offit Kurman, one of the fastest growing law firms in the mid-Atlantic region is seeking qualified candidates to apply for the Legal Administrative Assistant position in its beautiful Tysons Corner, VA office. This position, under general supervision, provides a broad variety of specialized/complex legal support to two attorneys who have civil and criminal litigation practices. You MUST possess the required experience and qualifications to be considered. When responding, please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Client Interaction: Must be comfortable acting as liaison between current and potential clients and the attorneys by maintaining continual communications via email, telephone and in person. Follow up with clients regarding status of cases, appointments, billing, etc.
2. New Client Engagements: Follow up with potential clients, prepare and present retainer proposals, accurately process and submit New Client Engagement form in timely manner.
3. Scheduling: Maintain calendar, schedule and follow up on all appointments (i.e., courts, clients, case work and potential clients).
4. Court Preparation and Support: Responsible for ensuring timely filing with the courts and communicating with Clerks’ offices. Assist attorneys in preparation for court appearances. Maintain court schedule and other case deadlines.
5. Daily Reports: Monitor and provide updated status reports on all email, telephone calls, contacts, calendar and other related activities.
6. Filing: Open, organize, maintain and close paper and electronic client files.
7. Work cooperatively with assigned attorneys regarding completion of projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and making adjustments to plans.
8. Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on assignments, often with deadline pressures. Ensure compliance with all law firm deadlines and reporting requirements.
9. Team Player: Provide back-up to other LAAs during absences and pitch in to assist with heavy workloads when requested.
10. Provide back-up to Receptionist.
11. Perform other related duties, as required.
- Proven ability to perform at your best under pressure, remaining calm and managing to a successful conclusion.
- Resourceful, with strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly, with excellent attention to detail.
- Resilient, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with clients and members of the firm.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as social media web platforms.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or any combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
Demonstrated work tenure in the private law firm industry with five years’ or more experience supporting two or more principal/partner-level attorneys. Litigation experience is required, with Family Law experience preferred, but not necessary.
If you possess the level of experience and qualifications outlined above, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position, Legal Administrative Assistant (Tysons Corner) in your letter.
Please, no phone calls.
Offit Kurman, P.A. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.