Legal Administrative Assistant
Tysons Corner, Virginia
Offit Kurman, one of the fastest growing law firms in the mid-Atlantic region, is currently seeking qualified Legal Administrative Assistant candidates who possess the skills, experience and knowledge to support two or more attorneys in the areas of government contracts and general litigation. Please read this job posting in its entirety prior to applying, as only qualified candidates will be considered. When responding, please provide cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Document Production: Produce correspondence, pleadings and other documents as required by attorneys; assist with formatting of attorney produced documents.
- Court Preparation and Support: Responsible for ensuring timely filing with courts and agencies. Assist attorneys in preparation for court and other appearances. Maintain court schedules and other case deadlines.
- New Client Engagements: Accurately process and submit New Client Engagement forms in timely manner.
- Filing: Open, organize, maintain and close paper and electronic client files.
- Work cooperatively with assigned attorneys regarding completion of projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and making adjustments to plans.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on assignments, often with deadline pressures. Ensure compliance with all law firm deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Team Player: Provide back-up to other LAAs during absences and pitch in to assist with heavy workloads when requested.
- Provide occasional back-up to Receptionist.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of federal and state court systems and procedures. ECF experience a plus.
- Proven ability to perform at your best under pressure, remaining calm and managing to a successful conclusion.
- Resourceful, with strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly, with excellent attention to detail.
- Resilient, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with clients and members of the firm.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook and Word).
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or any combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
Demonstrated work tenure in the private law firm industry.
If you possess the level of experience and qualifications outlined above, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference the position, Legal Administrative Assistant (Tysons Corner) in your letter.
Please, no recruiter contact.
Offit Kurman, P.A. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.