System Administrator, Maple Lawn (Howard County), MD
Offit Kurman, P.A., one of the fastest growing law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region is increasing its IT staff with the addition of the System Administrator position. The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The System Administrator will participate in Help Desk activities and provide Level 1 & 2 support to staff. This position ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Level 1 & 2 support for staff on Microsoft Windows, Office and other software, as well as supporting desktop, laptop and mobile devices.
- Participate in Help Desk operations to provide prompt and thorough support to staff and maintaining accurate and timely updates to Help Desk cases.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the IT systems and deployments.
- Administrative tasks for Microsoft servers, including creation and maintenance of users and other Active Directory objects; monitoring server and system operation; installing upgrades, patches and fixes as appropriate; ensuring proper server backups; identifying and resolving technical problems; and ensuring security within the system.
- Perform “light” hardware maintenance on servers, workstations, laptops, and other equipment including diagnosis, recommendation, repair, upgrade, and replacement as necessary.
- Perform administration and maintenance of the corporate network, including routers, security, and access points.
- Keep current on IT developments, recommending upgrades in hardware and software systems as appropriate.
- Monitor and ensure installation of operating system updates for PCs, servers, and assigned software applications.
- Installation and maintenance of server-side applications, such as backup and anti-virus.
- Travel as required to other offices in MD/VA area; day trips only.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Must be familiar with and have a working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Windows Desktop and Server OS
- MS Office 2007 and newer
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- TCP/IP and basic network troubleshooting in a LAN/WAN environment
- Server-based file and printer sharing
- Knowledge and experience with the following technologies is a plus:o VMWare o Mimecast email filtering o Desk.com o FortiNet network appliances o Net Documents o One Source Estate Administration software
- Must be willing and able to coordinate work as a member of the IT team.
- Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to deal diplomatically with a wide variety of personalities.
- Must have good verbal skills, be able to explain technical items to non-technical personnel, be able to understand a variety of instructions and problem statements, and be able to read and write functional technical documentation.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends, as needed, including occasional overtime.
- 4+ years experience supporting Windows PCs and servers
- A+, Network+, MCP, MCITP or similar certifications highly preferred
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Servers
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
- Customer Service Experience a must
Click here to send resume and cover letter for consideration for the position. EEOE