Offit Kurman, one of the fastest growing full-service law firms, seeks a Paralegal with 5+ years of experience in Estate Administration and Estates Planning for its Rock Hill, SC office. The paralegal will assist attorneys with a variety of duties related to estate planning & administration. This position promises substantial client contact, autonomy and a great potential to enhance and broaden your skills/knowledge in the fields of estate administration and estate/tax planning.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administer decedents’ estates and trusts, including the preparation of fiduciary accountings
- Meet and communicate directly with sophisticated clients on estate planning and administration matters
- Draft standard estate planning forms and other legal documents (power of attorney, wills, court petitions, resignations, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of estate and gift tax returns
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an estates paralegal role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2017 or newer (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software
- Accounting experience, a plus
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.