Offit Kurman, one of the fastest growing law firms in the mid-Atlantic region, is currently seeking a Temporary Document Management Specialist to join our Baltimore office. This is a full time position with the schedule of 8:30am – 5:00pm.
The Document Management Specialist will provide support to other legal support staff through the management of document workflow, managing paper and electronic files, providing general administrative back-up, and other duties as assigned. Applicants should have 1 year or more of word processing, records management or general clerical support, preferably within a law firm setting. Additional experience with electronic filing systems, various document management technologies and scanning experience is strongly preferred.
Temporary DMS Roles:
- Reduction of paper, including scanning and applicable disposal of documents from all floors
- Organization of all file rooms and lateral interior cabinets including basement files and attorney office files.
- Indexing and coordination of mailing originals to clients, to carry out office file closing procedures.
Phone/Mail Coverage/Receptionist Duties
- Completion of work requests for remote staff such as: letters and client related correspondence, court filings with checks from accounting, certificate of service copies mailed to multiple recipients.
- Copy/Print Requests –printing and/or scanning of client documents, discovery and production binders (requests both large and small are solicited).
- Receipt of all mail – sorting and distribution of mail, scanning to attorneys and copying administrative assistants
- Internal and Inter-office mailing requests to other OK offices
- Receive and send USPS and FedEx packages, recording items in the delivery log, notifying and distributing packages to intended recipients.
- Maintain FedEx and USPS Supplies
- Gather and ship case files and/or office supplies to remote attorneys by request
- Answer telephone calls and respond to voicemails.
- Management of Services and Deliveries – Payment of suite related invoices, meet vendors for office deliveries and pick-up, i.e. Iron Mountain shredding, courier/process server pick-up, WB Mason deliveries.
- Maintenance of conference room calendars, scheduling, pre-screening visitors and routinely cleaning the conference rooms after visits per Phase 1A guidelines.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest growing law firms in the mid-Atlantic region. We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k)matching.
If interested, please send resume to Charlotte Gillespie (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include “Temp DMS Baltimore” in the subject line.