The Regional Administrative Manager (RAM) shall report to the Regional Director (RD) and will be responsible for the effective and efficient administrative management within the Region (Baltimore, Columbia, and Frederick, MD). The RAM will work with the RD, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Administrative Officer on administrative support functions.
- Supervise all Legal Administrative Assistants (LAA), clerks, and receptionists employed in the Region.
- Review daily attendance reporting, cover the attendance line for responsible offices, and address poor attendance performance with each responsible individual.
- Review and approve time off requests through Time and Attendance system for designated team members.
- Direct workflow strategies in the instances of absences and overflow assistance.
- Review resumes and phone screens to determine whether candidates should be interviewed.
- Identify and address training needs of LAAs, Office Administrative Assistants (OAA), Document Management Specialists (DMS), and Receptionists to Regional Director.
- Direct segments of new hire orientation for LAA, OAA, DMS, and reception positions, providing an overview of office and firm resources.
- Work in conjunction with RD to ensure staff meetings in respective office, conference room reservation, quarterly luncheon orders, etc. are properly scheduled and reserved.
- Identify staff accomplishments and strengths and together with the RD recognize achievements
- Conduct 90-day review of new staff and annual performance reviews of staff with the RD.
- Review and approve supply orders and monitor monthly supply budget.
- Travel throughout the Region to check-in with staff.
- Assess and resolve staff challenges as they develop.
- Communicate daily with RD regarding important updates and to address any administrative management issues.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as an administrative assistant or other relevant work experience.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Leaderships skills to positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical financial and administrative initiatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorney staff in assigned location(s) regarding workflow, absences, and skills.
- Ability to analyze work flow issues and provide realistic solutions for a positive outcome.
- Ability to fully understand and properly utilize resources available within firm to manage workflow.
- Ability to travel between office locations in mid-Atlantic states; primary travel between Frederick, Columbia, and Baltimore, MD, though travel as far as New York may be required occasionally.
To apply, email resume to Karla States (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include “Regional Administrative Manager” in the subject.