Offit Kurman, a quickly growing full-service law firm, is currently seeking a Payroll Manager to join the team. This position is remote, however the candidate will need to reside in a state one of our offices are located in. The Payroll Manager will oversee the Firm’s payroll functions, ensuring pay for exempt and non-exempt employees and 1099 contractors are processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Reconciles payroll prior to transmission and validates confirmed report.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.).
- Oversees Time & Attendance system setup and time reporting; performing audits as needed.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Team player with client service mentality as to relates to supporting attorneys and staff, work collaboratively and efficiently with HR, Benefits, and Accounting departments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with payroll software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of payroll related experience required.
- Experience with UKG (UltiPro) preferred.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial, comfortable, and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.