Seeking to hire a paralegal for our Charlotte, NC office. Ideal candidates will possess 5 or more years of experience working as a general litigation paralegal. The paralegal will assist during all phases of the litigation process, from initiation of a case to the discovery period, through trial.
- Drafting discovery and miscellaneous documents such as pleadings, responses, motions, briefs, deposition digests and case summaries.
- Organizes and maintains physical and electronic files.
- Performs a variety of document productions tasks, including bates-stamping, redaction, duplicating, and indexing.
- Prepares and submits ECF filings with Federal and state courts.
- Prepares for and attends, as necessary, depositions and trials.
- Performs a variety of research projects as assigned.
- Regularly interacts with both internal and external clients and officials.
- Provide overflow support as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven working experience as a litigation paralegal.
- Understanding of NC civil litigation procedures and general contract litigation.
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices.
- Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Paralegal associates degree or other relevant certification.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Charlotte Gillespie (email@example.com) and include “Paralegal NC” in the subject line.