Seeking a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to join our Baltimore Office. This position is responsible for the day-to-day requirements of opening and closing the office, while delivering excellent client service to the firm’s clients, visitors and staff. As the Receptionist, the selected individual will serve as the “first face” and sometimes the “first voice” of the firm and must comport herself/himself in a manner and an appearance that is professional and courteous.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a welcoming environment for all visitors to the Firm, keeping the reception area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain all conference rooms in a neat and orderly fashion, ensuring they are ready to receive clients and other visitors.
- Maintain conference room schedule with the ability to manage multiple meetings and users, and to resolve scheduling issues and conflicts.
- Maintain an inventory of and order office supplies.
- Receive and sorts mail; manage the interoffice mail and courier services.
- Work directly with building management to ensure office appearance is maintained in good order.
- Provide clerical assistance to staff and attorneys, including, scheduling, document production, and data entry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Any combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying; typical education would include a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Experience: Preferably 1 – 5 years of relevant client service/receptionist support in a law office or equivalent professional services organization.
- Ability to manage job responsibilities effectively, balancing interests of clients and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal format.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook 2013; knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is a plus.
- Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical calculations (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Ability to type accurately at 45 wpm.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, such as typewriter, transcription machine, calculator, copier/scanner, fax machine and computers.
We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Charlotte Gillespie (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include “Receptionist/Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.