We are seeking a Licensing Specialist to join any one of our offices. The Licensing Specialist assists in the preparation of new mortgage and financial-services related license applications and see applications through to completion. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong time management, organizational skills and computer skills, as well as familiarity with the Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System.
- Process new licenses to include the research, submission, and maintenance of appropriate state, city, agency, and licensing in the NMLS.
- Track and provide notice of all upcoming licensing deadlines, including applicable compliance requirements.
- Coordinate the gathering of documentation requested by state and federal examiners.
- Facilitate application submission via the Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System (NMLS) including requesting supporting documentation.
- Maintain tracking system to monitor for deadlines and due dates of various filings, including license and surety bond spreadsheets; participate in implementation of systems and processes.
- Work with the broader legal team to support and continuously improve compliance processes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in corporate compliance and/or regulatory matters, preferably for a state licensed loan originator or servicer.
- 2+ years of NMLS knowledge and experience preferred.
- Familiarity with state regulatory bodies as they interact with mortgage and debt collection licensing.
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and professional.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work well within fixed deadlines.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize and prioritize high volume workload.
We are one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Charlotte Gillespie (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include “Licensing Specialist ” in the subject line.