Offit Kurman, a growing full-service law firm, is currently seeking to hire a Litigation Paralegal for its New York City office. Ideal candidates will possess 5 or more years of experience working as a general litigation paralegal. The paralegal will assist during all phases of the litigation process, from initiation of a case to the discovery period, through trial.
- Drafting pleadings, discovery, motions, briefs, deposition digests and case summaries.
- Organizes and maintains physical and electronic files.
- Performs a variety of document productions tasks, including bates-stamping, redaction, duplicating, and indexing.
- Prepares and submits electronic filings with Federal and state courts.
- Prepares for and attends, as necessary, depositions and trials.
- Performs a variety of research projects as assigned.
- Regularly interacts with firm’s clients, attorneys and staff.
- Provide overflow support as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven working experience as a litigation paralegal.
- Understanding of NY civil litigation procedures and general contract litigation is required. Understanding of NJ civil litigation procedures and general contract litigation is a plus.
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices.
- Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2017 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), WestLaw, Internet research skills, document management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Paralegal associate’s degree or other relevant certification.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial, comfortable, and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.
If interested, please send resume to Charlotte Gillespie (email@example.com) and include “Litigation Paralegal-NYC” in the subject line.