Offit Kurman, a growing full-service law firm, is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join its New York, NY office. Candidates must possess 5 years prior experience supporting litigation and have a strong ability to quickly learn new tasks and procedures.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- File Openings: drafting initial engagement letters, following up with New File for approval, emailing to client and returning executed documents to New File.
- Complete and track expense reports, credit card reconciliations, and reimbursements.
- Calendar maintenance.
- File maintenance, both paper and electronic.
- Filing documents with various courts.
- Organize and maintain filing and retrieval systems.
- Prepare and draft a variety of legal documents.
- 5 years supporting litigation. Knowledge of litigation documents, e-filing, court rules and procedures.
- Familiar with NY Court Systems and E-filing.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when transcribing tapes, formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2017 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial, comfortable, and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.