Seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join its Tysons Corner, VA office. Candidates must possess three or more years of successful administrative support working as a legal administrative assistant or legal secretary.
Candidates should also have law firm experience and be technology proficient (advanced Word, Excel and Outlook) with strong attention to detail and ability to turn work around in an efficient manner with minimal errors, experience with maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings and travel, and strong communication skills. Ideally, candidates will have some experience supporting a family law practice.
- Organize and maintain filing and retrieval systems.
- Manage calendars, organize and schedule external and internal meetings, teleconferences, networking events, etc., maintain diary for court dates and follow-up.
- Open, maintain, and close client files.
- File documents with various courts.
- Handle extensive client contact, both via phone, email, and in-person.
- Prepare and draft a variety of legal documents.
- Complete and track expense reports, credit card reconciliations, and reimbursements.
- Organize attorney travel arrangements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years supporting family law practice specifically.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, research, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when transcribing tapes, formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Charlotte Gillespie (email@example.com) and include “LAA Family Law TC” in the subject line.