We are seeking to hire a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Midtown office. The LAA would be supporting attorneys in the Commercial Litigation and Labor and Employment Law groups.
Candidates must possess two or more years of successful administrative support working as a Legal Administrative Assistant or Legal Secretary.
- File Openings: drafting initial engagement letters, following up with New File for approval, emailing to client and returning executed documents to New File.
- Credit Card Reconciliations.
- Electronic Court Filings in both Federal and State Courts in both New York and New Jersey.
- Management of original Salon Marrow documents, including original executed documents (mostly estate documents).
- Heavy client contact.
- Mail maintenance.
- File maintenance, both paper and electronic.
- Updating CLE spreadsheets.
- Heavy revisions, roughly 4-5 hours of revisions per day.
- Distribution of monthly client bills to clients.
- Preparation and revision of legal documents.
- Contact maintenance, including updates and additions.
- Calendar maintenance.
- Assistance with marketing tasks.
- Minimum of 2 years of related legal administrative support experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, research, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when transcribing tapes, formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Allison Yanar (email@example.com) and include “LAA Litigation & Employment Law – NY” in the subject line.