Seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our New York City office supporting Trademark and litigation attorneys. Candidates must possess three or more years of successful administrative support working as a legal administrative assistant or legal secretary.
Candidates must have law firm experience and be technology proficient (advanced Word, Excel and Outlook) with strong attention to detail and ability to turn work around in an efficient manner with minimal errors, experience with maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings and travel, strong communication skills and ability to manage the attorney assignment with a proactive approach balancing the needs of all.
- Organize and maintain filing and retrieval systems.
- Manage calendars, organize and schedule external and internal meetings, teleconferences, networking events, etc., maintain diary for court dates and follow-up.
- Open, maintain and close client files.
- Handle extensive client contact, both via phone, email, and in-person.
- E-filing in various courts and jurisdictions.
- Prepare and draft a variety of legal documents.
- Track Expense reports.
- Organize travel.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior experience with litigation and light trademark support.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, research, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when transcribing tapes, formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Strong knowledge of New York and New Jersey court systems.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
We are one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, send your resume to Karla States (email@example.com) and include “Trademark/Litigation LAA” in the subject line.