Seeking a litigation focused Legal Administrative Assistant to join its Baltimore office. Candidates must possess three or more years of successful administrative support working as a Legal Administrative Assistant or Legal Secretary.
Candidates must have law firm experience and be technology proficient (advanced Word, Excel and Outlook) with strong attention to detail and ability to turn work around in an efficient manner with minimal errors, experience with maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings and travel, strong communication skills and ability to manage the attorney assignment with a proactive approach balancing the needs of all.
- Organize and maintain filing and retrieval systems.
- Manage calendars, organize and schedule external and internal meetings, teleconferences, networking events, etc., maintain diary for court dates and follow-up.
- Open, maintain and close client files.
- E-filing in various courts and jurisdictions.
- Revise and finalize a variety of legal documents.
- Track Expense reports.
- Organize travel.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, research, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Strong knowledge of court systems.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Charlotte Gillespie (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include “Litigation LAA Baltimore” in the subject line.