Seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Frederick office. The LAA would be supporting attorneys in the Trusts and Estates group, involving both estate planning and estate administration, as well as a Business Law & Transactions attorney.
Candidates must possess two or more years of successful administrative support working as a Legal Administrative Assistant or Legal Secretary.
- Organize and maintain filing and retrieval systems.
- Manage calendars, organize and schedule external and internal meetings, teleconferences, networking events, etc.
- Extensive client contact.
- Open, maintain and close client files.
- E-filing in various courts and jurisdiction.
- Track Expense reports.
- Prepare and draft a variety of legal documents.
- Format documents, input data, edit, copy, scan and transmit text, data and graphics, transcribe tapes.
- Enter time for timekeepers.
- Handle multiple projects at once.
- Minimum of 2 years of related legal administrative support experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, research, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when transcribing tapes, formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Charlotte Gillespie (email@example.com) and include “Legal Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.