We are seeking a litigation focused Legal Administrative Assistant to support two or more Principal Attorneys in its center city Philadelphia (or Plymouth Meeting) office.
Ideal candidates will possess five or more years of successful administrative support working as a legal administrative assistant or legal secretary in construction litigation. Candidates must have law firm experience and be technology proficient (advanced Word, Excel and Outlook) with strong attention to detail and ability to turn work around in an efficient manner with minimal errors, experience with maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings and travel, strong communication skills and ability to manage the attorney assignment with a proactive approach balancing the needs of all.
- Organize and maintain filing and retrieval systems.
- Manage calendars, organize and schedule external and internal meetings, teleconferences, networking events, etc.
- Open, maintain and close client files.
- E-filing, eastern district filing, in various courts and jurisdictions.
- Revise and finalize a variety of legal documents.
- Enter time for timekeepers.
- Track Expense reports.
- Organize travel.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting construction litigation specifically. Commercial litigation and labor and employment experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of litigation documents, e-filing, eastern district filing, court rules and procedures.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, research, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong production skills with ability to produce accurate work product when formatting documents, inputting data, editing, copying, scanning and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Strong knowledge of court systems.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2017 (Outlook, Word – Table of Contents and Table of Authorities are a must, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Charlotte Gillespie (email@example.com) and include “LAA Construction” in the subject line.