Offit Kurman, a growing Mid-Atlantic firm, is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join its Bethesda, MD office. Candidates must possess 5 years prior experience supporting litigation and have a strong ability to quickly learn new tasks and procedures.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Organize and maintain filing and retrieval systems.
- Manage calendars, organize and schedule external and internal meetings, teleconferences, networking events, etc.
- Open, maintain and close client files.
- File documents with various courts.
- Handle client contact, both via phone, email, and in-person, as needed.
- Edit and finalize a variety of legal documents.
- Complete and track expense reports, credit card reconciliations, and reimbursements.
- Organize attorney travel arrangements.
- 5 years supporting litigation. Knowledge of litigation documents, e-filing, court rules and procedures.
- Associate’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Proactive work style and analytical skills: able to read, review, verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent client service skills with proven record of building effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2017 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, attorney time entry software.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
If interested, please send resume to Charlotte Gillespie (email@example.com) and include “Legal Administrative Assistant-Bethesda” in the subject line.