Offit Kurman, a growing full-service law firm, is currently seeking to hire an IT Support Specialist for its Tysons Corner, VA office. The IT Support Specialist is responsible for effective support, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of end user hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards.
- Provide Level 1 and 2 support for staff on Microsoft Windows, Office, and other software as well as supporting desktop, laptop, and mobile devices.
- Participate in Help Desk operations to provide prompt and thorough support to staff and maintaining accurate and timely updates to Help Desk cases.
- Conduct Active Directory administration tasks such as resetting passwords, unlocking accounts, and adding/removing group memberships.
- Perform “light” hardware maintenance on workstations, laptops, and other equipment including diagnosis, recommendation, repair, upgrade, and replacement as necessary.
- Keep current on IT developments, recommending upgrades in hardware/software systems as appropriate.
- Monitor and ensure installation of operating system updates and assigned software applications.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the IT systems and deployments.
- Ability to configure, install, troubleshoot, and maintain workstations, laptops, and tablet PCs.
- Ability to setup and support Microsoft Windows, Office 365, and other office productivity software.
- Working knowledge of basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.).
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and Active Directory (users, groups, computers) is a plus
- Must be willing and able to coordinate and communicate effectively as a member of the geographically diverse IT team.
- Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to deal diplomatically with a wide variety of personalities.
- Must have good verbal skills, be able to explain technical items to non-technical personnel, be able to understand a variety of instructions and problem statements, and be able to read and write functional technical documentation.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends, including occasional overtime.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience supporting Windows desktop/laptop PCs
- A+, MCP, MCITP or similar certifications highly preferred
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on desktops and laptops
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
- Customer Service experience is a must
- Audio/Video system experience is a plus
- Some travel, primarily day trips from the firm’s Tysons Corner, VA office to our offices in the DC, Maryland, Virginia regions.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial, comfortable, and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.
If interested, please send resume to Charlotte Gillespie (email@example.com) and include “IT Support Specialist” in the subject line.