Seeking a friendly and knowledgeable IT professional to join our Philadelphia office. The IT Support Specialist is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of end user hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards.
• Provide Level 1 & 2 support for staff on Microsoft Windows, Office, and other software as well as supporting desktop, laptop, and mobile devices.
• Participate in Help Desk operations to provide prompt and thorough support to staff and maintaining accurate and timely updates to Help Desk cases.
• Conduct Active Directory administration tasks such as resetting passwords, unlocking accounts, and adding/removing group memberships.
• Perform “light” hardware maintenance on workstations, laptops, and other equipment including diagnosis, recommendation, repair, upgrade, and replacement as necessary.
• Keep current on IT developments, recommending upgrades in hardware/software systems as appropriate.
• Monitor and ensure installation of operating system updates and assigned software applications.
• Create and maintain detailed documentation of the IT systems and deployments.
• Ability to configure, install, troubleshoot, and maintain workstations, laptops, and tablet PCs.
• Ability to setup and support Microsoft Windows, Office 365, and other office productivity software.
• Working knowledge of basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.).
• Knowledge of Windows 10 and Active Directory (users, groups, computers) is a plus
• Must be willing and able to coordinate and communicate effectively as a member of the geographically diverse IT team.
• Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to deal diplomatically with a wide variety of personalities.
• Must have good verbal skills, be able to explain technical items to non-technical personnel, be able to understand a variety of instructions and problem statements, and be able to read and write functional technical documentation.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends, including occasional overtime.
• At least 1-3 years’ experience supporting Windows desktop/laptop PCs
• A+, MCP, MCITP or similar certifications highly preferred
• Experience installing software, patches, updates on desktops & laptops
• Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
• Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
• Customer Service Experience a must
• Some travel, primarily day trips from the firm’s Philadelphia office to our offices in the NY, DE, and MD area.
We offer a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Karla States (email@example.com) and include “IT Support Specialist” in the subject line.