Seeking a dynamic and experienced paralegal to support our Trademark Practice. This position will involve significant responsibility, a dynamic work environment and substantial client contact. The selected candidate will work in our Columbia, MD office.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Docketing records for all U.S. and foreign trademark matters, including TTAB proceedings;
- Following up with the responsible attorneys on deadlines and requests for instructions;
- Preparing status charts of client trademark filings;
- Recording assignments, certificates of merger, and name changes;
- Research Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure (TMEP) and other applicable law to determine procedural requirements, as requested;
- Draft, send and follow up on correspondence to foreign associates;
- Draft, send and follow up on correspondence to clients requesting instructions or reporting on the status of their trademark matters;
- Maintain physical and electronic files;
- Review incoming correspondence and determine appropriate action;
- Maintain daily timekeeping for billing purposes, entering time records daily; and
- Other related tasks and duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience;
- 2-5 years of work experience as a trademark paralegal;
- Extensive experience using the TEAS and ESTTA online filing systems;
- Extensive knowledge of trademark docketing procedures;
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints;
- Ability to proofread material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors;
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate in person, by e-mail and telephone and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff and provide information with appropriate courtesy and sensitivity;
- Familiarity with Alt Legal and AppColl docketing programs a plus;
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, photocopiers, and scanners;
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent proofreading skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong Internet searching skills and computer skills;
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client service orientation; and
- Must be able to set and meet deadlines without reminders from others.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Karla States (email@example.com) and include “IP Paralegal” in the subject line.