Offit Kurman, a quickly growing full-service law firm, is actively seeking an Immigration Paralegal to join its busy Business Immigration Practice Group in its New York or Bethesda office. The Immigration Paralegal will assist attorneys in all aspects of business immigration filings with an emphasis on employment-based immigrant and non-immigrant matters.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Correspondence with clients, foreign nationals and government officials, gathering information, analyzing facts of the case and assisting with immigration strategies.
• Preparing and filing of routine petitions and applications with the federal government.
• Conducting research, analyzing statues, procedures and other legal sources.
• Assisting with additional special projects as needed.
• 4+ years business immigration experience preparing and handling a variety of employment-based petitions PERM labor certifications, visa applications, and applications for adjustment of status.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate is a plus.
• Proven experience in preparing and filing a full-range of immigrant petitions (PERM, I-140 and EB-1), non-immigrant visa petitions (e.g., H-1B, L-1, E-2, O-1, TN) and green card applications with DHS/USCIS, DOL, DOS. Experience responding to Requests for Evidence, as well as consular processing challenges.
• Experience in immigration-based document management systems such as Docketwise, LawLogix EDGE or other databases is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2017 or newer (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems, expert level Adobe PDF knowledge, bates numbering, editing, image processing, etc.
• Outstanding administrative, organizational, communication and writing skills. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
• Detail-oriented, self-starter with the ability to handle multiple priorities and work with a variety of different personalities.
• Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
If interested, send resume to Charlotte Gillespie (email@example.com) and include “Immigration Paralegal NY” in the subject line.