We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner for our Northern Region offices.
Our ideal candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in progressively responsible HR roles and have solid experience with HR practices and employee management. This individual should be a proactive communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to include employee relations issues, policy interpretation and application; talent management and development; and organizational design consultation
- Works with managers to address staff performance issues
- Leads employee engagement efforts
- Provides policy interpretation to staff
- Manages employee workers compensation and unemployment claims
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes and reports out on exit interview trends
- Hosts and plans new hire Orientation
- Files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Assists with the administration of the administrative staff performance review and compensation process
- Works closely with Payroll to resolve immediate individual employee salary issues
- Moderate travel, primarily day trips to our offices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey & New York
- 5+ years’ experience leading HR effort for multiple locations
- Proven ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Able to build strong partnerships and work closely with managers, senior leaders and HR colleagues
- Superb communication skills including effective listening, writing and presentation
- Understands and promotes the value of diversity within the work environment
- Understanding of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York City employment compliance
- Experience working with HRIS systems, preferably UltiPro
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Charlotte Gillespie (email@example.com) and include “HRBP” in the subject line.