Offit Kurman is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join its beautiful downtown Baltimore office. The HR Assistant will have a variety of responsibilities to provide clerical and administrative support within HR as well as to support the staff recruitment function within the Firm. The ideal candidate will have an interest in fostering a career in the HR field, the ability to work independently, and 2-3 years of experience supporting the needs of a growing and fluid professional services organization.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining employee and HR files (setting up electronic files as well as maintaining paper files), including personnel files, employee medical files, I-9 binders, and coordinating with off-site storage vendor as needed.
- Monitoring, answering, or escalating all inquiries to HR email box.
- Updating and maintaining the HR Intranet page.
- Responding to verifications of employment.
- Assisting with the employee onboarding/offboarding process, including sending offboarding checklists, data entry for new hires into the Firm’s HRIS system, and preparations for New Hire Orientation.
- Assisting with various HR projects and strategic initiatives.
- Posting, refreshing, and removing job advertisements as requested. Maintaining careers page on Firm website.
- Scheduling interviews, phone screens, and exit interviews as requested. Sending interview confirmations in advance and ensuring receipt of employment applications.
- Preparing offer letters and completing reference checks.
- Light resume review and candidate sourcing via LinkedIn (for more specialized roles).
- Maintaining and assisting with system administration of Firm’s Applicant Tracking System.
Desired Qualifications Include:
- 2-3 years of experience providing robust administrative support in a professional organization.
- Prior experience in, or desire to gain experience in, the HR field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work independently.
Offit Kurman is an equal opportunity employer. Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region and offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
If interested, send resume to Karla States (email@example.com) and include “HR Assistant” in the subject line.