Offit Kurman, a growing full-service law firm, is currently seeking to hire a Family Law Paralegal for our Charlotte, NC office. Ideal candidates will possess 3 or more years of family law experience working as a paralegal. Cases will include very contentious divorce matters. Must be detail oriented and able to work independently.
- Client intake, interacting with clients, experts and witnesses.
- Draft discovery and miscellaneous documents such as pleadings, responses, motions, deposition digests and case summaries.
- Prepare for hearings, depositions and mediations.
- Document production, document review, index and organize documents.
- Track status of cases and trial Support.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Possess 3 or more years of family law paralegal experience.
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices.
- Excellent organizational skills and prior experience maintaining detailed dockets and databases.
- Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2017 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet research skills, document management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Paralegal associate’s degree or other relevant certification.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the United States. Offit Kurman offers a collegial, comfortable, and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching. We are a proud EEO employer and we are committed to a diverse workforce.
If interested, please send resume to Charlotte Gillespie (email@example.com) and include “Family Law Paralegal” in the subject line.