Seeking a Paralegal with 3-4 years of experience in Estate Administration to support a busy department, in our Bethesda, MD office. The position entails performing a wide range of complex estate administration functions requiring knowledge of estates and trusts, estate planning, investments, as well as a general understanding of MD probate and tax laws. Experience with DC and VA probate laws and drafting of estate planning documents in all three jurisdictions is a plus.
Job duties include:
- Prepare probate petitions, Inventories and Administration Accounts
- Create valuation reports for securities using valuation software
- Assist with sale and transfer of assets, including real estate
- Prepare various Probate filings and prepare attorney for court proceedings
- Schedule and manage court filings in timely manner
- Maintain and balance Estate & Trust checkbooks
- Prepare Receipts and Releases in connection with distributions from an estate or trust
- Prepare Federal and Maryland estate tax returns
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required; position entails heavy contact with clients, courts and multiple companies. Candidate must be professional, diligent and have the ability to work both collaboratively and independently. Computer proficiency required; candidate must have experience with accounting and tax software.
To apply, email resume to Charlotte Gillespie (email@example.com) and include “Estates Paralegal” in the subject line