Offit Kurman is seeking an E-billing Coordinator to join our team in Maple Lawn. The E-billing Coordinator reports into our Billing Manager and candidates must have advanced knowledge of LEDES format standards and UTBMS coding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management, administration and maintenance of electronic billing process including documentation, analysis, training, follow up and reporting. Maintain a profile for each e-billing vendor being utilized by the firm, including policies, billing guidelines, and contact information.
- Document e-billing process including specific steps for each e-billing vendor software package. Propose best practices for e-billing procedures. Develop and test, for specific clients, e-billing procedures outside the normal process.
- Set up and maintenance of client e-billing accounts in third-party vendor sites; submit timekeepers and rates for approval; keep all timekeepers and rates up-to-date on the sites; enter budgets. Review, analysis and uploading of client fee structures to vendor sites.
- Maintain user accounts: adding/removing users, resetting passwords, assigning proper security levels, as required; review status reports, and matter profiles in various systems.
- Train Billing Specialists on e-billing submissions, assist them with e-billing issues, ensure compliance with all electronic billing guidelines and client timelines.
- Meet with billing team, billing management and billing attorneys to discuss e-billing processes and any specific e-billing invoice issues, as needed. Communicate situations that may require Billing Manager follow up such as rate issues, delays in billing difficult requests, etc.
- Monitor and review e-billing submissions for accuracy; timely address all rejected invoices; research, resolve and reconcile e-billed invoice issues. Follow up and respond to correspondence received from e-billing vendors regarding the status of submissions. Involve the billing specialists, as needed, in correction and reconciliation of invoice(s) to ensure proper resubmission.
- Ability to troubleshoot e-billing software applications, identify potential and realized problem areas, summarize findings, and outline steps to obtain resolution of issues.
- Work with Credit & Collections team to ensure proactive follow-up on aged e-billed invoices. Monitor payment of e-billed invoices and coordinate appeals and short payment balances with the appropriate Credit & Collection Specialist. Set up, maintain e-billed invoice status updates in Firm’s Accounts Receivable/Collection database.
- Meet with Billing Committee to obtain write-off approvals.
- Have working knowledge of e-billing software (examples: TyMetrix 360, Datacert, Serengeti, CounselLink). Advanced knowledge of LEDES format standards and UTBMS coding.
- Aderant experience and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High School diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Detail oriented and excellent organization skills. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to troubleshoot issues through completion.
- Good interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with the billing team, collections team, billing attorney/secretary. Must be a team player and have superior customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to cyclical periods, peak workloads, new assignments and deadlines in order to work effectively within a fast-paced environment. Flexibility to work overtime, as needed, to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 37.5 hours per week, 8:30-5:00.
Offit Kurman is one of the fastest-growing, full-service law firms in the Mid-Atlantic region. Offit Kurman offers a collegial and professional work environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits, to include Paid Time Off and 401(k) matching.
To apply, email resume to Charlotte Gillespie (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include “E-billing Coordinator” in the subject line.